This was a really busy work week (again), so I didn't give much thought to frugal activities. Luckily, we continued to do a few small things here & there to save.
Saving on things we buy:
- Nick needed new shoes for tennis & regular shoes. He's been wearing regular shoes for tennis, and the courts have ripped a hole in the toe (from dragging it back when hitting). So, I invested in tennis shoes, hoping they will preserve the life of his regular shoes. I also bought a gift card on Raise (clicking through Rakuten first), saving 3% off of the purchase of the gift card. I also clicked through Rakuten for the purchase, saving 8% more. Shoes for growing & active teens are quite expensive, so saving even a small amount, while still investing in high quality shoes, is a win.
- I used a $1.00 coupon off of cereal, and uploaded the receipt to Fetch for bonus points
- I've sold a few things on Ebay
- A book from a freebie table
- A workout DVD
- A hat
- An outgrown jacket
- Outgrown warmup pants
- Picked up a box of free box off of our local Buy Nothing - six of the books are from my preferred authors. Win! Dropped off some of our books at the local Free Library & picked up a book for Sam. He's thrilled for new reading material, & read half in a day.
- We do this every week, but it's good to remind myself that I run the dryer less often, by line drying the majority of our clothes. We have the clothing racks inside, near a window where they get a lot of sun. This preserves the life of the clothing, and keeps energy costs down.
Eating what we have
- I had leftover cottage cheese (free from an iBotta offer) for breakfast
- Sam ate pesto rice leftovers (delicious, never would have thought to combine) from a Hello Fresh meal, and combined it with gyro meat & a naan bread for lunch
- I had a chicken fajita (leftover) for breakfast, after a run. It was delicious & I would have never thought to have it that way, if I wasn't being creative.
- Juiced all of the oranges & added them to Nick's smoothie juice
- Juiced almost all of the lemons (ran out of time), and now we have lemon juice, ready to go for salads.
- Used up an extra head of bok choy that was sitting around. I served it with tilapia & rice & it was great.
- Helped Nick sell the second of the two bikes that he bought & repaired. I coordinate all of the buyers & payments, so am always happy when another is gone from his bike shed, and I can mark it as "sold". :-)
- Gave away four free Hello Fresh boxes - one to a friend who was interested in trying it out, and three to a local group
- Uploaded a receipt to earn Box Tops for the local school
- Continued to volunteer every (week) day at my volunteer gig
How did your week go?