Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sleepy Sunday

 I didn't sleep particularly well, but got up early so I could meet a friend for a hike. Leaving shortly for that. Looking forward to catching up & getting in some exercise. 

Sam ended up staying with a friend pretty late, so we swapped our dinner out for an impromptu date at home. It was fabulous, and one of the rare COVID times we were home alone. We opened a bottle of champagne, played cards, & had appetizers before the boys came home. It was lovely, and free. Excellent.

I wasn't as productive as I should have been yesterday, so things are stacked up for today:

  • Make weekly schedules (family activities, work out, work meetings)
  • Package & return two orders 
  • Package & mail eBay sale
  • Drop off donation to a neighbor
  • Make taco meat for the week (plus extra for the freezer)
  • Make almond flour muffins
  • Vacuum
  • Clean bathrooms (boys)
  • Clean kitchen
  • Laundry
  • Dinner - M is making steak, I'll make sprouts & roasted potatoes
  • Sam needs to write than you notes
  • Take Sam to the park for a meet up with his girl friend
There's more, but that's all I can remember for the moment. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! Share what you're up to today.

And, this is how moody teens watch their brother's first high school soccer game. He'll be a 9th grader at the same school next year, so he was very excited & curious to spend some time on campus. 



12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a big to do list for toy. It's so sweet that you both had a date at home last night.

    I have bananas I need to use up, laundry to do, processing and steaming for Bailey. Lots to do and I need to get to it.

    I hope you have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Date night at home was perfect! Hope you get all of your laundry & chores done.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had such a nice evening. Today sounds way too busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night was great. Weekends tend to just be overly filled with chores & catching up, no matter how hard I try to stay on top of things during the week.

      Delete
  3. Moodiness and mask aside, that's a very beautiful young man.
    It must be in the air...I slept until 8:30 this morning. Of course, that may have been due to the 1/2 bottle of wine I imbibed last night. I was on the go all day, got dinner prepped, and in the oven, finally sat down with my husband, and, well, that was that!
    I want to run to the supermarket today, and start a quilt. Dinner is a roast, but my meal will be sans wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick has been such a happy/cheerful/fun child, that the moody teen phase has been a real adjustment for everyone. But, there are still glimmers of that boy, just buried a bit deeper. Hopefully he will soon turn the corner & leave the moody teen phase behind a bit.

      I too had 1/2 a bottle (champagne, not wine), and like you, once I sat down, that was all I was up to for the rest of the evening.

      Delete
  4. Sweet picture of your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a lovely guy, but the teen phase can be hard for year.

      Delete
  5. It seems to be the going wisdom now that Grade 8 is everyone's worst year. I hope Nick fared OK (despite Covid) and you all have a good year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard that, but it matches with my experience for sure. I'm so looking forward to them both going back to school (very limited time), just for a return to a bit of normalcy & social time. It's been really hard for this age group to be without friends.

      Delete
  6. Lucky you! Two in high school at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I had guys only I do remember those times . It seems to hit the year their hormones are hopping all over the place, and their body is growing so much faster than their minds can absorb. Fortunately it levels off.

    ReplyDelete