Tuesday, March 2, 2021

March Goals

 Another month, and fresh new goals! Actually, a lot of repeats from prior months, because why fix what isn't broken? 

Financial:

  • Stick to the budget (including revised grocery target)
  • Make $400 in side hustle
  • No clothing purchases for myself
  • Pay down our mortgage to the 1/2 way point
  • Finish & file our taxes
  • Plan/budget next house project - we're going to have shelving added to the garage

Family:
  • Plan one fun activity with the kids. 
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening
  • One "date" with M 
  • Make a video for M's parents, or send photos
  • Finalize summer plans (if possible, with COVID)

Fitness/Health
  • Lose 3 lbs.
  • Run 10 times
  • Track calories, eat a balanced diet
  • Complete 1,300 minutes of cardio, & complete daily strength & posture challenge
  • Meditate 15 times
  • Intermittent fasting, 3x/week

Personal/creative:
  • Practice Spanish, at least 20 days
  • Do something social with friends at least once/month
  • Continue daily checkins & support of volunteer job
  • Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 30 minutes. 
  • Shoot for no swearing for the month. This includes in text messages!
  • Crafty - Finish two more hats for the homeless. Watch a couple of crocheting videos, to understand where I'm going wrong. 
  • Achieve a total of 400 "points" on my daily checklists
  • Continue looking for opportunities to help others daily
  • Find a new date for girls trip

What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in March?

10 comments:

  1. No swearing in text messages?!!

    I had to laugh at that one. Sorry.

    I hope you meet all of your goals and even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm terrible with the text message abbreviations, like W*F, but with the regular letter there. ;-) And, others that are similar. I'm a work in progress.

      Delete
  2. My big goal is to do something with the blog-either revamp the existing, or start one just for cooking, kitchen, baking. I feel like I am so deep in work that to do a big house project is just not doable, but some "good enough" revamps are needed. Hopefully I will get back in the office by summer, and we will have an idea of cash flow, and bit the bullet on both the patio and the bathroom that are in my 2021 goals. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the work. I'm hopeful the next few weeks will lighten up! A patio upgrade sounds fabulous.

      Delete
  3. Looks good. Didn't you close on your refi last month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, copy & paste error. I'm happy to check it off the list!

      Delete
  4. As ever you are so productive. I would love to lose some weight, but I want to eat sweets all the time. dang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent goals! I was in a horrible rut last year but have pulled myself out this year by doing a new challenge each month. January was back to healthy eating and exercise, I've lost 9 1/2 pounds so far. In February I deep cleaned and decluttered my home. This moth is projects that I kicked off with making lists and setting up a routine. I'm loving your blog, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome progress. You sound like me with the monthly challenges - we are well aligned. I'm very motivated with things like that.

      I wrote about my new list/routine back in January, and it's made a huge difference! https://thehawaiiplan.blogspot.com/2021/01/checklists-templates-getting-more.html

      Delete