Unfortunately, the cleats I'd purchased for Sam didn't arrive before the old cleats fell apart & the duct tape wouldn't hold. This means that I had to go & buy another pair of cleats from an "in person" store. I don't want to talk about how much I had to pay for the new cleats. We typically buy the medium range cleats, as teen boys grow very quickly. I tried 14 different pair at Dick's Sporting Goods, and they had none of the medium price range in his size. I guess COVID availability & that he wears a 10.5 means they are hard to find. I also tried Big Five Sporting Goods, but the same problem. In the end, Sam has incredibly nice cleats that he describes as "the most comfortable cleats I've ever worn". So, let's hope they hold up for at least a full season of double soccer - high school & club.
RIP, old cleats.
- Juice oranges. We had to pick a bunch more, as the oranges were falling in the pool & clogging the filter.
- Shred cabbage/carrots for coleslaw
- Make a Blue Apron dinner. M is grilling chicken, but I need a prepped dinner for Tuesday, when things are schedule crazy here
- Plan the schedule for the week
- Sort out potential soccer carpool. I didn't think I could make carpooling work, but both parents of a friend are vaccinated!
- Work out
- Have Sam wrap gifts for his girlfriend
- Nick has tennis & online math tutoring
- Clean the house
- Adjust work schedule for the week