Saturday, March 20, 2021

It's Saturday

 I'm thrilled it's the weekend. I've been feeling low energy all week, and just a bit run down, so I'm looking forward to having the day off. 

It's still pretty chilly here in the mornings, but with definite signs of spring. . . A rose growing in our yard. 




I need to get rolling, as the boys have an early scrimmage today. Here's what we have going on:

  • Soccer game
  • I'll walk or run during warm ups
  • I'm taking Sam to a local park to meet up (masked) with a friend
  • Sam has tennis lessons this afternoon
  • I have a stack of laundry awaiting my attention
  • Menu planning
  • Costco
  • Prep taco meat for the week
  • M & I are going out to dinner (outdoor restaurant). It will likely be chilly, so I'll be very bundled up. 
That's what's happening in our world today. What about you? Any fun weekend plans?


11 comments:

  1. Your rose is beautiful!

    It is chilly here this morning too and was yesterday as well.

    Nothing exiting here for today, just the usual work and making dinner. We are doing the egg roll n a bowl today.

    I hope you have a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Sam's friend of the female persuasion by chance? 😊

    Really thrilled to hear that youth in CA are back out playing sports and socializing. So important for their physical and emotional health.

    Over here, we are having what appears to be a chilly outdoor family celebration for my SIL's 70th Birthday. Just five of us, two who will be fully vaccinated, including the birthday gal. I get my first shot tomorrow, thanks to my food pantry volunteering job. So relieved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam does have a girl friend, but this was a meet up with his guy friends. They haven't gotten together at all during COVID, so we were all thrilled that they had a chance to catch up.

      So happy you could have the 70th birthday party for your SIL. And, YAY for your vaccine!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. The rose is lovely-moslty too ealry for sings of true spring yet but tiny bits. I saw a little green poking from the lilly I salvaged from the replants form my friend syard, so crossing fingers it will come up. also the bucket of hosta I didn't get planted, looks like there is some growth there, so I will be able to stick them in somewhere. While typing my blog post, I had at least one friend commit to a meet up early afternoon. I think alos, weather permitting, morrow I'm taking my husband on a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you got a chance to go to the lake & relax with your husband.

      Delete
  4. Your rose is gorgeous. Enjoy your day off even if it's still a busy one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the day with all of its chaos. Kids grow so quickly then are gone, and you will miss the hubbub of daily living with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reflected on this all day, & totally agree. In four short years, both of the boys will likely be out of the house. It's so hard to imagine how close we are to the end of the full on, intense phase of parenting. I'm soaking it up, despite the laundry & meal prep & constant clean up. Because, there's a lot of fun mixed in there.

      Delete
  6. That sounds very similar to my life! :-)

    ReplyDelete