Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday happenings

The day started off looking like it would rain, but it's largely cleared up & the sun is peeking out. 

I took the boys to a soccer scrimmage, and it was their first game in exactly a year. Wow! Everyone is pretty rusty. I walked during warm ups, and then watched the game & caught up with parents I also haven't seen for a year. Wild.

What else is on the agenda?

  • Nick has volleyball, so we'll be leaving shortly for that
  • I'll head to Target to pick up a few things while he's at volleyball
  • Sam is being interviewed by the yearbook about something
  • M is picking up Nick's birthday cake. We splurged & did a bakery cake, as this is his second year in a row without being able to have friends over or do any sort of a party. The cake was his ask & while I'd prefer it to be non-COVID times & he could have a party or friends over for a sleepover, I guess this will do.
  • We're getting Greek takeout for the birthday boy
  • Sam has a tennis lesson
  • I'm hoping to shred cabbage & carrots to make coleslaw for tomorrow
  • Laundry (always)
That's what's happening in our world. What about you? 

10 comments:

  1. I was unpleasantly winded after trying to run uphill with JB and Sees after lunch today. I'm hoping it's more because I'm so fatigued normally and because it was on a full stomach but I suspect it's really reflective of my poor conditioning of late and my need to get in better shape.

    I need to put together some meals for this coming week and meal plan for the rest of this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are coming off of a second pregnancy & have two small kids at home, and a medical condition. I'd give yourself a lot of grace.

      Good luck with your meal prep & planning. I'm definitely aware that I need to get back in the groove, with things re-opening here.

      Delete
  2. It is nice that you are giving the birthday boy the things he wants which are very reasonable, considering the times. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've clearly now spoiled him, because he's very happy with the birthday cake. And, the sprinkles! :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to Nick! All quiet here as usual these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Nick! I like the idea of splurging on a bakery cake, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We supported a local business & it's delicious, but ooh, pricey! That's why we normally make a homemade cake. :-)

      Delete
  5. It's awesome to hear so many "normal" things for your Saturday. We splurge don the NothingBundt cake back in January and it was so good-and sometimes a varied treat is enough. I may order one for Easter, or the mini ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Sam's girlfriend bought him those for Christmas (he loves cupcakes) & they were fantastic. I was also really impressed with them.

      Delete