This is absolutely my favorite time of the year, when there is no wildfire smoke. Fingers crossed. It's overcast & may actually rain here, after months & months (& months) of sun.
I'm planning to take a break from work today (hurrah) & putter around a bit before I take Sam to his game. We had the loveliest evening last night. Dinner was fabulous, the kids were chatty about their days, and then they ended up playing a game together in the evening. COVID was pretty hard on their relationship, and it's been hard to see them not spend time together. I know that is a natural part of growing up, but we were so lucky for the first 12+ years, where they got along exceptionally well. Hearing them laughing & chatting when we went to bed was such a treat.
Here's what's on the agenda today:
- Laundry. It's an almost daily activity, when you have four people who work out every day, and one who wears a PE uniform, and two soccer players (game uniforms, etc).
- Make zucchini muffins. Defrosted a package of shredded zucchini from the freezer
- Make salsa verde (roast tomatillos?)
- Take Sam to his game (pick up bonus kid)
- Arrange soccer schedule for the week
- Call my parents
- Have Nick sign up for more reffing games
- Sam to study for drivers test & PSATs
- Both boys - homework
- Make homemade bread (Nick)
- Review work schedule for the week
- List the two items from my closet on eBay
- Clean fridge