Wednesday, September 1, 2021

August Goals Recap

I can't believe August is over. It was a whirlwind month, with soccer & school starting, & my workload getting busier. Yet, here we are!

Here's a look back at my goals, and how I did for the month.


Financial:

  • Pay off our mortgage! - yes, done! WOOHOOOO!! All of the celebration emojis. 
  • Resolve outstanding vacation house item. - No, and we can't proceed until the buyers finalize a contractor.
  • Stick to our budget. - we were way over on groceries again. I need to take a closer look in September. I can think of a few things that contributed, but it's going to take some dedicated effort to figure out exactly what's happening (other than, spending too much generally) & deciding where we want to cut back, what we're comfortable with, and what's due to generally rising prices. 
  • Make $300 in side hustle - I made $130, as I didn't get much listed in August, due to overall business. 
Family:
  • Have a date with M- yes, we had a lovely dinner out a few weeks ago. 
  • Help the boys get back into school/soccer, particularly high school for Nick - yes, this is going pretty well, but a lot going on!
  • Help the boys with potential new job opportunities - Nick has completed the soccer ref course & is awaiting his official completion card, but is otherwise good to go. Sam's job didn't pan out (the school didn't end up hiring anyone), so we're waiting for him to get a bit more settled with school & sports before figuring out what might be a good option. 
  • Plan our anniversary - my parents are coming to hang out with the boys, and we're going out of town. Flights (parents) & travel (us) are booked!
Fitness/Health:
  • Lose 3 lbs - I've lost one pound but it's not net new. It's losing a pound I'd gained back. I'm happy for a bit of positive momentum, but need more!
  • Start half marathon training - I had one good week, but have since dialed it back to less frequent running & shorter distances. I'm not sure if a half is in the cards right now. Maybe a 10k
  • Complete 12 strength workouts - I did 6, and can tell that I had a rough month. I'm not as toned as I was, and need to make this a priority.
  • Meditate 10 times - I meditated 7 times
  • Continue doctor's stuff for lupus - yes, it's slow to get in for some of the appointments, but I'm doing my part. 

Personal:

  • Go through all of the boys + my clothes -  I did finish the boys clothes. My wardrobe is largely pared, & I did go through all of my dresses, but still a few things to go through.
  • Give away or donate all Buy Nothing items - I'm about 1/2 way through, and keep finding more!
  • Stay on top of garden. Try a few new recipes. - we've done a good job of this. I've given away a lot, we've made a few zucchini recipes, I've tried several pickled pepper recipes, and we used our bell peppers in a new fajita recipe. 
  • Write, for at least 30 minutes - I journaled, and probably spent about this amount of time, but was hoping to get in some fiction writing, which didn't happen


The month looks as I'd expected it to. Some progress, but not a lot of completed items. What about you? How did you do with your August goals?

12 comments:

  1. I didn’t plan any goals for August. I should change that for September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September will be a month of evaluating our "new normal", as I'll still be working from home until at least January. I need to change some things that are not working well for me right now.

      Delete
  2. Successful months. I wouldn't be concerned on school year jobs. Your kids are busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam said something similar at dinner. He'd like to start a club at school, and we're supportive of that instead.

      Delete
  3. I think it was a great month for you I mean the mortgage payoff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kid has Covid. Doing ok. My goal is for everyone to stay alive and in school, or employed. I asked to go part time but it was denied because boss said too short on help at moment. I guess that is a good thing for me. My other goal is to not stress eat and maintain weight. I need to lose weight but I will be happy not to gain. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending good thoughts for your kid with COVID. Here's hoping it's as easy/painless/quick recovery as possible.

      I hear you on the stress eating & weight gain!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on paying off the mortgage! That is awesome!
    Definitely progress on your goals, so that is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels so nice to have that major milestone checked off.

      Delete
  6. I think you have done very well with your goals. You managed to pay off your mortgage and that is a very big goal to have completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are very excited to be able to focus on new goals, as a result of paying off the mortgage.

      Delete