Saturday, September 4, 2021

Saturday Happenings

I was up early (5), made coffee, made a smoothie & toast for Nick, & then we were out the door at six for soccer. The tournament organizers said we had to be there over an hour early, but somehow when we got there, the tournament wasn't even open yet. ;-) 

We won our first game 6-0 (you have to stop scoring at six) & then tied our second game 1-1. In between, we took the kids to brunch, where they scarfed pancakes & laughed & generally fooled around. 

I'm now home, & finished up a bit of work. It's definitely my busy time of the year. Luckily, it was a fast project. M is cooking, and I still have to make a salad. Oh, and laundry, because Nick's soccer uniform is all of the fragrant smells, and he has two more games tomorrow. Sam is at a birthday/swim party, and is thrilled, as the family is Indian & making lots of Indian food for the kids. That's his absolute favorite. Other (Indian) kids often ask their parents if they can have more Western party food, like pizza, but Sam always begs for their parents to make traditional food. They love feeding him, so I'm sure he'll come home stuffed. 

M is up for the early morning game tomorrow, and then I'll go to the afternoon game. I'm making chicken curry tomorrow (yum), & then a cauliflower/beef skillet dish on Monday. It sounds delicious, so I'll report back.

And, spotted on a run this week:



What about you? What are you up to this long weekend (for those of you in the US) Saturday?

8 comments:

  1. The Indian food sounds fabulous! It is my fav also! I walked an hour in my neighborhood, and made tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches because that is what my middle son wanted. Works for me! Went to Dollar General and used $5 off 25 coupon to pick up cheese, sandwich bread, eggs, sliced turkey, Powerade ans Gatorade. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss our soccer days with our girls! They were some of the best of times for sure during their growing up years. And super impressed at Sam's already-sophisticated pallet. I don't think I was that willing to deviate from familiar food in my teen years.

    Re: Saturday happenings here- outdoor yoga in the AM (felt so good!), then decided it was to hot inland to attend an International Street Faire, so we 'stayed in' and sat out back in our yard reading, talking and sipping wine while we enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the ocean in the distance.

    Today, Sunday, is free museum day for Bank of America customers, so we're visiting the Laguna Beach Art Museum, then going to lunch at a great nearby vegetarian outdoor spot, Zinc Cafe. Free wine and live music afterward at a winery we belong to back at our local harbor.

    I give you these details because I know you enjoy my little neck of the woods. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so fun! For the outside yoga, is it the free outdoor yoga in the park, right by the water? We saw that (we were staying nearby) & it looked awesome!

      Delete
    2. It is $10 a class, and held twice daily at Lantern Park, which is above Golden Lantern on a bluff overlooking Dana Point Harbor. Look up iheartyoga - they are fabulous!

      Delete
    3. I saw that one - we actually stayed right there when we were visiting. It was lovely. Yeah for outdoor yoga!! It's hard to get a better experience than that.

      Delete
  3. All your food sounds good this weekend including Sam’s Indian birthday party food. We went out to yard sales and came home and got some work done. It is a holiday weekend so not too many sales, so we got home early. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sounds like a fun weekend for you as well.

      Delete