It's been a very, very busy week with work & kids. Not one of our better "frugal" week, but here are a few things we did this week.
Saving on things we buy
- Made an effort to buy more at the produce stand, vs Costco. This helps reduce waste & ensures we buy just the right amount. My husband LOVES Costco, so this is a bit of a work in progress.
- Uploaded all of my receipts to Fetch. The toothpaste (below, for donation) yielded bonus points, which was an unexpected win.
- Sold a few things on eBay (suit, swim suit/SPF top, slides/sandals, dress)
- We noticed an erroneous card on our credit card, and disputed it
Eating what we have
- This wasn't exactly a banner week (over the last week to ten days, we've eaten out a lot more than normal. This is a phase, due to very challenging work weeks for myself & M. Neither of us like eating out (health wise, as much as $$), but the kids are loving it. ;-) We'll be back to normal soon enough.
- We have been continuing to eat garden items - we have a ton of tomatoes right now.
- I found a great price on toothpaste at Rite Aid, and picked some up for donations
- Shared extra produce with our neighbor