Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saturday Happenings

I got up at 5 to get started on work, and did that for a few hours, before taking Nick to his first ref job. We want him to select only games he can bike to, but he had to leave straight from that game to get a ride to his own game. Both coaches got a yellow card - he said it was fun but intense. Note that this was pretty young kids, and a rec league, not club/competitive soccer. He's not ready for that level of ref'ing yet. :-) 

M took Nick to his game (an hour+ drive), while I took Sam on a few errands. He can be good company, when he's in the mood to chat. We loaded up at the produce stand, and then went to Costco. Rite Aid had a great deal on toothpaste, so I stocked up on some to donate. 

Nick's team won their game (he scored on a PK, & another player scored in the final minute of the game), so he was thrilled about that. M took Nick & a bonus player back with us, stopping first for lunch. Hungry soccer players couldn't wait, and required a stop at In & Out. 

I worked in the yard, did a few  more hours of work, and then gathered a bunch of garden ingredients for dinner: cilantro, parsley, jalapenos & oregano for a chimichurri sauce, and tomatoes + basil for a caprese salad.

And with that, I'm off to take Sam to his game, while M grills steak. We're having steak with a chimichurri sauce, caprese salad & green salad. All of the yummy things.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! What are you up to today? 

8 comments:

  1. It is flooding here for real. Not my house but down the street. Folks having to be rescued from cars because a freak flash flood happened…. Yikes! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. Sending good thoughts that everyone is safe!

      Delete
  2. We had planned on grilling burgers between football games today, but the weather thought otherwise! I don't know how much rain we got but mid morning we had to backwash the pool because the water was almost overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our fingers crossed for rain today (I think it's like a 30% chance). Looking outside, it looks promising!

      Delete
  3. Busy day! Let the the loading up at produce stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we did! This is the time of year where it's easy to go nuts there. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh I read Sunday first and this reminded me I have some left over work to do! It's not too much but I should do that today too. Rats.

    Did you get any decent rain? We got a sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had any rain yet. We had a sprinkle (like, 5 minutes) last Friday, and it was such a tease.

      I'm really burned out on work this week, so looking forward to a mini break today. I need it! That said, working yesterday made me feel much better about the work week ahead. Small blessings?

      Delete