Sunday, September 5, 2021

Soccer Sunday

M took Nick to his early morning game today, and they won 4-0, so we are back in the finals this afternoon. I attempted to go back to sleep after they left, but I find that really hard to do, so instead just relaxed a bit. 

I ran some errands (produce stand, Rite Aid, Trader Joes & the grocery store) to pick up a few items we needed, and also get snacks for tomorrow. Sam is having a couple of friends over to swim tomorrow, and I have a few pool party snacks, but two have meat, & both guests are vegetarian. Picked up some options for that.

I haven't yet worked out, but will plan to walk during tournament warm ups. As usual, there will be plenty of time ahead of the game. :-) 

I made pasta salad last night to go with M's barbecued chicken, and it was delicious. It used up so many garden items: zucchini, cherry tomatoes, basil, shishito peppers, banana peppers & cucumber. I also used the last of a jar of sweet & spicy pickles (delicious) as flavoring for the dressing, which worked well. In fact, I wish I'd had more. The zucchini should have been picked earlier, but was otherwise fine. 

I need to get some house cleaning done today, and then M is grilling burgers. Tomorrow I'll make chicken curry, and then perhaps also prep the beef/taco skillet for the week. 

How about you? What are you up to today? 

6 comments:

  1. Well I cleaned out all drawers in kitchen and threw things away that I thought could not be donated. Now have to put a roast in for missionaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using up what I can, but leaving a few thing for our son who will house sit for us while we are gone. I am even taking some cukes, onions, tomatoes and potatoes with us. No need to purchase food when we have it right here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice that your son will be able to house sit for you. And, you have so many lovely vegetables. We have cucumbers & tomatoes, but no onions or potatoes. Garlic & onions are both on our planting list for next year.

      Delete
  3. Your pasta salad sounds so good. It’s such a great dish to use up so many things. Congratulations to Nick on winning his game and being in the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pool party sounds fun for the kids. I miss seeing my kids with friends. My nephew had a friend up at the lake this weekend. I plan to get caught up on blogger, some work work, and then tackle my porch. If I can fit more in, I will.

    ReplyDelete