This week was definitely a bit slower than last week, and I enjoyed the time in the kitchen, turning apples into applesauce.
Saving on things we buy
- Nothing really worth reporting, although I did upload all of our receipts to Fetch.
- I haven't been updating my eBay listings, but I've sold a few things that were listed a while back.
- Another suit
- A kids tie (from Nick's 6th grade graduation)
- A pair of jeans M kept at the vacation house
- Dried & crushed mint for the spice cabinet. We grow our own, so it's a free addition. M uses the mint in his yogurt sauce he serves with kebabs.
- A friend & I traded garden goodies. She gave me a bag of apples, & I gave her zucchini. Yum.
- Turned the apples into a huge batch of apple sauce (8 containers). It tastes like apple pie, and it's delicious. I used some of the applesauce to make applesauce muffins.
- Brought apple sauce & three loaves of homemade French bread (Nick made) to a friend's house for dinner, when they had both boys over for dinner.
- Another neighbor gave me additional apples, for snacking
- I mended Nick's favorite shirt, hoping to extend the life a bit.
Eating what we have
- I had takeout leftovers for lunch one day. Takeout is expensive (in this case, we used a gift card), but it's nice when they extend to another meal
- Used up garden strawberries & a couple of mini watermelons in smoothies
- Volunteered for the grad school I attended
- Picked up trash on my walk
- Gave away a few things on Buy Nothing
That's it from my side. Any wins for you to share?