There are going to definitely be some splurges ahead, as we're out of town for a few days, and my parents are with the boys. Making good choices the majority of the time allows us to also have fun when the opportunities arise.
Saving on things we buy
- Scanned all of our receipts to Fetch
- M & I were both pretty sick on Monday, so I picked up soup at Panera, using a gift card. I paid a small amount out of pocket for a tip (curbside delivery), but the rest was free.
- It was a quiet week, but I earned a $1 doing a survey via iBotta
- I paused my eBay sales, so nothing happening there
- Found a free, excellent shape cooler on the street (with a free sign). Used it for transporting a few things to the office for an event, and will either keep or pass on to others.
- We have an at home COVID test kit provided by our employer, and were able to test multiple times (for free) to ensure what we have is a regular, although yucky, cold. Not COVID.
Eating what we have
- Made more applesauce out of apples from a friend, & a sad looking lemon in the produce drawer. I'm obsessed with applesauce muffins, so the applesauce is a great addition to the freezer
- Made zucchini bread to have on hand for guests, using the last of the garden zucchini
- Made chocolate brownie cookies for guests, and put some in the freezer for easy desserts as needed
- Made applesauce for a neighbor
- Helped a friend with a ride for her kiddo, when she had an urgent work situation