It was a pretty standard week, but we did have a few wins.
Saving on things we buy
- Used a few iBotta offers
- Uploaded all of our receipts to Fetch
- Received a $100 credit for Sam's soccer fees, by volunteering for three hours on a Saturday a month or so ago.
- Bought Southwest gift cards at the grocery store, earning $60 in grocery store credits
- I haven't been listing anything on eBay, but sold a few things:
- A book from a freebie table
- A pajama top that came in a set. Nick likes the pajama pants, but not the top
- Redeemed $5 of Fetch Rewards for an Amazon gift card
- Used grocery store rewards to pick up a few items to round out our dinner on Sunday
- No eating out this week, despite considering it several times!
- I really wanted to get takeout or go out on Saturday, but the kids (surprisingly) talked me out of it. I made chicken fajitas, using up chicken (freezer) & peppers (fridge). Everything was delicious, and I served the fajitas over a cauliflower rice/cabbage rice (Sam's accidental shredding incident from last weekend). The cabbage rice/cauliflower rice combo was great.
- Nick made apple crisp, using up leftover apples.
- Nick also made French bread, to go with dinner on Sunday. He had a failed loaf on Saturday, but tried again, & it came out great.
- I made butternut squash soup, with squash M brought home unexpectedly from Costco last weekend.
- Used up chicken & taco meat from the freezer
- Helped another family out with a super early carpool
- Picked up trash on my walk
- Shared apple crisp with a friend
- Made a couple of donations
- Found our neighbor's dog a few blocks away & returned her home
How about you? Any wins to share?
How great to get $100 credit for Sam's soccer fees for three hours of volunteer time. That is wonderful.ReplyDelete
It was a great deal!Delete
You have a generous league to give credit for volunteer hours, but I'm guessing your fees are quite high, and a lot of parents don't want to give of their time. I'm with your son on the pajama pants-my guys just want te shirts or no shirts when they sleep so the top is never worn if bought in a set.ReplyDelete
It's a fully volunteer run club (most others also have paid administrative positions) minus the coaches, so they definitely need the help.Delete
I love find stuff to flip in free boxes or free tables. It's the best.ReplyDelete
It's kind of rewarding, isn't it?Delete
I think getting that credit for volunteer work is great!ReplyDelete
Yes, I was thrilled to see it come throughDelete
You are so lucky your guys help with the food prep.ReplyDelete
I would call the 100 buck savings for the volunteer hours a pretty substantial frugal win!
They are the biggest eaters, so they need to help! :-)Delete
I got a free salad dressing at the grocery today, a free pair of socks in the mail, a free pad of paper, a free pen, a free calendar for my purse and one for my desk. I also got some free Christmas cards.ReplyDelete
Those are some great wins, Jackie!Delete