It was a pretty standard week, but we did have a few wins.
Saving on things we buy
- Used a few iBotta offers
- Uploaded all of our receipts to Fetch
- Received a $100 credit for Sam's soccer fees, by volunteering for three hours on a Saturday a month or so ago.
- Bought Southwest gift cards at the grocery store, earning $60 in grocery store credits
- I haven't been listing anything on eBay, but sold a few things:
- A book from a freebie table
- A pajama top that came in a set. Nick likes the pajama pants, but not the top
- Redeemed $5 of Fetch Rewards for an Amazon gift card
- Used grocery store rewards to pick up a few items to round out our dinner on Sunday
- No eating out this week, despite considering it several times!
- I really wanted to get takeout or go out on Saturday, but the kids (surprisingly) talked me out of it. I made chicken fajitas, using up chicken (freezer) & peppers (fridge). Everything was delicious, and I served the fajitas over a cauliflower rice/cabbage rice (Sam's accidental shredding incident from last weekend). The cabbage rice/cauliflower rice combo was great.
- Nick made apple crisp, using up leftover apples.
- Nick also made French bread, to go with dinner on Sunday. He had a failed loaf on Saturday, but tried again, & it came out great.
- I made butternut squash soup, with squash M brought home unexpectedly from Costco last weekend.
- Used up chicken & taco meat from the freezer
- Helped another family out with a super early carpool
- Picked up trash on my walk
- Shared apple crisp with a friend
- Made a couple of donations
- Found our neighbor's dog a few blocks away & returned her home
How about you? Any wins to share?