Sunday, January 2, 2022

December Goals Recap - how did we do?

December whizzed by, with plenty of twists & turns. It was not the best month, across a variety of fronts, but we're happy to see the month in the rear view mirror, and for everyone to be healthy. Due to the "excitement", shall we say, it also wasn't a good month for accomplishing goals. Our plans changed numerous times, as we adjusted for various curve balls, finishing with M getting COVID & being unable to join for our family holidays. Ah, December 2021 was one for the books. 

Here's how we did with our goals

Financial:

  • Research work financial planning benefits - no, carry over to January
  • Review & revised categories & 2022 budget - no, carry over to January
  • Make $100 in side hustle - I made $191, mostly from selling a couple of outgrown ski items
  • Use up three "hard to use" items - to tell you the truth, I can't remember. I did make good progress eating items out of the freezer, so I'll consider that a partial win
  • Finalize ski trip budget/plans - ha, this one went through many evolutions, but the December trip happened, in a slightly different form than expected. 
  • Determine 2022 travel plans & budget - no, carry over to January
Family:

  •  Plan one family activity - we had a fun dinner out, and then the boys & I had a great time with family over the holidays
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly
  • Have two dates with M - yes!
  • Schedule a call with M's family - no, but we filled in with pictures & videos
Fitness/Health
  • Lose 2 lbs - ha, no. 
  • Run 20 miles - it wasn't a running month. The weather wasn't great, and I got my workouts in around work & found other creative alternatives in the snow. 
  • Track calories - yes, minus the week of Christmas
  • Complete 2,000 minutes of cardio - yes, I finished with 2,395 minutes
  • Fast until lunch 15 times - I fasted 12 times
  • Meditate 10 times - only 2x, and there are days I definitely could have used it!
Personal 
  • Max out my volunteer hours at work - I came so close & got in lots of volunteer hours in December!
  • Practice Spanish 4x - nope
  • Do something social with friends, x2 - yes, a hike & a walk in the snow
  • Journal 6x - 2x, but I have 36 pages of things that are top of mind, and daily gratitudes, which are so lovely to look back on
  • Find 20 items to give away or toss - I didn't do a good job keeping track, but I came close if not hitting this exactly, so I'll give it a pass

Phew! Glad that one is over. How about you? How was your December? How did you do with your goals?



2 comments:

  1. Survived December with no one being sick so it was a success! December is such a good but challenging month that I just try and get from Thanksgiving to New Year unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was barely able to survive December, but I did so that is a positive!

    ReplyDelete