Monday, January 3, 2022

Menu Plan Monday

It's a new week, & I'm attempting to get back on the wagon again with the meal planning. We spent less on groceries in 2021 than 2020, so that's a victory, but spent more on eating out. Womp, womp. Some of that was to be expected, as I didn't properly record vacation meals under "vacation" consistently, but we can still do better. Meal planning helps avoid the impromptu meals out. I don't mind the planned for, special occasion meals, but we can improve the last minute scramble meals.

Here's what's on the menu this week: 

  • Friday (NYE) - we had steak, potatoes & salad + champagne (for the adults)
  • Saturday (New Year's Day) - chicken curry & rice
  • Sunday - Bell pepper meat loaf
  • Monday - chicken shawarma
  • Tuesday - leftover meatloaf
  • Wednesday - leftover shawarma
  • Thursday - tacos
  • Friday - we have a busy late afternoon/evening, so this may be sandwiches
That's what's happening in our kitchen. What about you? What's on your menu this week? 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious week. We have done bell peppers that way often since our bell peppers have been so prolific this year. I am pretty sure our last harvest was Christmas Day when we picked two more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go check our planter boxes - we've gotten a ton of rain (which we need) & haven't been out there since the holidays. Who knows what awaits me? :-)

      Delete
  2. I'll check out the chicken shawarma recipe. We love a good Mediterranean style sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really delicious. I think next time I'll triple the chicken/marinade & keep 2/3 in the freezer for future meals.

      Delete
  3. Bailey made us a Big Mac pizza last night and we are having Hawaiian chicken tonight. We have plenty of chicken and beef on hand for other meals this week too.

    Your menu sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Groceries are very high here, but I am eating out of the freezers and pantry this money maybe into next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that we spent less last year, but with the boys always eating more, it's been a struggle to keep up with volume! I also have one really picky eater, so I look for sales on our known "staples" & work around that.

      Delete