Tuesday, January 4, 2022

January Goals

 It's a shiny new year, and the perfect time to set new goals. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish in January! I'm guessing it will be better than December, no matter what happens! :-) 


Financial:
  • Research work financial planning benefits
  • Review & revise categories & 2022 budget
  • Determine 2022 travel plans & budget
  • Research a Donor Advised Fund for charitable contributions
  • Stick to the budget/experiment with new budget template & tweak as needed
Family:
  • Plan one fun activity/month with the kids
  • Re-institute family electronic rules (this one always needs a reboot after holidays/vacations)
  • Get into a good homework system/rhythm with both kids
  • Have two dates with M
  • A call or videos for M's family
Fitness:
  • Stretch every day
  • Lose 2 lbs
  • Track calories
  • Close my fitness rings every day
  • Meditate & fast 20 times (I fast from after dinner to lunch the next day)
  • Make appointment with the dermatologist
Personal/creative
  • Do something social with friends
  • Invest time in volunteer roles
  • Read an article on happiness & the relationship between helping others 
  • Complete one exploratory exercise on my next phase (post current career)
  • Research coaching class
  • Journal 10x

What about you? Have you set any goals for January? Link them up, so we can cheer you on!

 



13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good list of goals. I hope you meet every one. Thanks for the reminder. I need to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belinda! My dermatologist is booking out in June - I hope you can get in earlier than that!

      Delete
  2. I should break my yearly goals down to sizeable progress chunks. Getting into a yoga/ pilates session 3x per week is a start. Making our annual budget is up there. I got my knee appointment so hoping that leads to more exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yoga, and wish COVID would settle down, so I could go in person again. It's not the same doing it at home. It's something, but I need the help of an instructor.

      Delete
  3. Wow. Great list. Other than a no-spend month, no goals here--just supporting DH through his recovery. Thankfully, it is going well. I would like to see more progress on our build, but those are goals with what I believe is called an "external locus," so there isn't anything I can do except be grateful for the moments we have here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your husband's recovery goes as smoothly as possible. And yes, understanding what you can influence/control, vs just respond to is so important. I'm often impatient about those items with an external locus!

      Delete
  4. You remind me that I really need to get stretching, I am reaching for my diet coke... IS that enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it far enough away each day, & you can count it!

      Delete
  5. You are the second person to mention fitness rings in the last week. I must look this idea up.

    Great list of goals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband bought me a watch that has rings. The three rings track: 1) workouts 2) cardio minutes (i'm guessing it has to do with heart rate) and 3) how many hours you're not just sitting. Particularly when I have a lot of meetings, I have to remember to take breaks & walk around. I've found it very helpful, although it is a device, and we have plenty of those in life!

      Delete
  6. I have yearly goals. Saving x amount for new roof on retirement house, Lose 10 lbs for yr., walk an hour five days a week. Saving x amount for IRA. Keep working at job part time. . My monthly goal I guess is to clean my regular house… ugh. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great goals! I love that you walk for an hour five days/week! You are crushing it.

      Delete
  7. I was wondering what you ended up using for a budget template? Mine is 20 years old (!). Time for an update.

    ReplyDelete