Saturday, January 8, 2022

Saturday Happenings

The boys are skiing today, so I'm going to make the most of my free afternoon & knock a few things off of the to do list. I managed to get quite a bit done yesterday after work as well - I made a meatball soup (using up lots of freezer/fridge/pantry items), banana muffins (using overly ripe bananas from the counter & freezer), & made chocolate brownie cookies for the freezer. 

All of it went into the freezer (save for a little bit of soup I'll have for lunch today, and I had a bit for dinner last night). I like soup for lunches, and I don't appear to be returning to the office anytime soon. I ate through my previous freezer stash of soup, so time to restock! The muffins went straight to the freezer, and the brownie cookies did as well. The boys enjoying baking up a few at a time, for an evening treat.

Funny thing about the muffins. M eats almost entirely Keto, due to food allergies. He's allowed a small amount of carbs, and spends almost all of it, daily, on 1/2 a muffin. He's been having a muffin with his coffee since I met him (20+ years ago). When we got married, I promised to make him muffins for his coffee, and other than a few odd times when he forgot to tell me we were running low... he's never run out. I keep the freezer stocked with muffins. Sam also loves a muffin, but only eats then as I first make them. Given the cadence with which I make them, it's not infrequent for him to wander through the kitchen & find a fresh batch of muffins. Maybe I'll do a post on my favorite muffin recipes.

Okay, so for today, here's what I'm planning to do. Some of this may spill over to tomorrow, but I'd like to be as productive as possible today as well. 


  • Work out (likely a combo of elliptical, and a walk outside)
  • Stretch
  • Go to Costco 
  • Make chicken taquitos for the freezer
  • Make white chicken chili for the freezer (and, dinner tonight)
  • I'm hoping to find someone who can repair my 20 year old shoes, so drop the shoes off to see if they can be re-heeled.
  • Drop off books for a library donation
  • Organize my eBay area
  • Organize my 3 tiered tray, where I keep paperwork
  • Wipe down the bathrooms
That's more than enough for today. What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish today?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are busy as can be there as always, but glad to hear all is well. The only thing I have on my list to accomplish today is catching up with all my blog biddies. Enjoy the weekend and happy new year to you and the fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookie's sound really good. I'm ready to throw the tenants of Christmas. I hate waste but I over made. I had book club then started my list. I'm in no one's agenda. Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoided eating the cookies, but the boys do love them!

      Delete
  3. Well, clean the entire house, then make some scones, work on my painted stool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I checked out the cookies. Man they look good. I am going to bookmark that recipe, and once the Christmas goodies are gone give them a try.

    I would love a post on your favourite muffins.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great, and freeze well. You can just keep the balls in the freezer, and pull out & bake a few at a time.

      I'll work on a muffin post!

      Delete