Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sunday things

The weekend is whizzing by, and I can't believe January is almost complete! Time to look ahead to February & new goals for the month.

I was obsessed with a book yesterday, so spent more time than usual reading, and it was lovely. I also got the majority of my chores done, so all wasn't lost! Nick got invited to join a bonus tennis lesson (he loves tennis) & was also offered a summer very part-time job helping his tennis instructor. He's thrilled. We are very happy for him, and that little bit of extra spending money will be a big win all around. 

Sam met up with friends at the park, and was able to bike back & forth on his own. He could be getting his license in a few weeks, but has so far shown zero motivation to do so. I want him to be comfortable ahead of getting his license (a nervous driver is no good), but could definitely use the help on the driving side, even if it's just driving to practice a few days/week. We shall see.

I also went on a 9 mile hike with a friend, chatting & catching up, which was absolutely lovely. It's rare that I meet friends for meals or coffee, but meeting for a workout is always a winner. Luckily, most of my friends feel the same.

Here's what's on the agenda today:

  • Schedule for the week, adjust as needed. (Workouts, family, work)
  • Go to the produce stand. And, Trader Joes, to fulfill a "want" from one of the teens. He branched out & tried a new variety of mac & cheese, and loves it. This may sound silly, but if you have a truly picky eater, you'll know that often they are not just picky on food types, but brands as well. 
  • Meet a friend for a walk
  • Make chicken curry
  • Make lemon curd muffins
  • Make coleslaw. Everything is largely prepped (dressing from the last batch), but I may need to shred more cabbage
  • Laundry
  • Ensure lazy teens get things done
  • Nick has tennis lesson
  • Call for a haircut
That's it from my side. What about you? What are you up to today?


8 comments:

  1. I've got lingering items from yesterday's list, but no plans this week so ok to stretch them out. I still have a return and might lure my daughter out to do some poking around a Goodwill or two. I need a decent walk as well. I understand finding something the kids will eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny stories regarding Mac and cheese. A couple of years ago I made a great homemade Mac and cheese and had grandkids over, then “ grandma can’t we have real Mac and cheese” (Kraft). Years ago every fall I would take 5 grandkids to Duluth for a fall weekend. We splurged for lunch once, they have a round shaped hotel which has the top floor a fully resolving restaurant, it’s beautiful, fancy and a fun outing. Of course they all ordered chicken strips and for about 5.00 you could add a kids side which they did, 25.00 for Kraft Mac and cheese! (They liked it ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny stories regarding Mac and cheese. A couple of years ago I made a great homemade Mac and cheese and had grandkids over, then “ grandma can’t we have real Mac and cheese” (Kraft). Years ago every fall I would take 5 grandkids to Duluth for a fall weekend. We splurged for lunch once, they have a round shaped hotel which has the top floor a fully resolving restaurant, it’s beautiful, fancy and a fun outing. Of course they all ordered chicken strips and for about 5.00 you could add a kids side which they did, 25.00 for Kraft Mac and cheese! (They liked it ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not help but giggle when I read "ensure lazy teens . . . " . Been there done that and sometimes it even worked!
    Glad you had a nice catch up hike with your friend. Any time we have now to socialize is fabulous. Mixing it with exercise just increases the bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meal prep, laundry, light housework, and go for a hike a bit later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you took some extra time to read and relax, you deserve it! I spent most of the weekend doing some deep cleaning. It was a productive weekend. Here's to a great week - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I continue to not understand the reluctance of so many teens to drive. I couldn’t get my license fast enough when I turned 16. And I do admit I booked both daughters for driving tests at the DMV on their 16th birthdays without their having to ask. I was more ready even than they were, to have some help with getting them to the very many places they each needed to be!

    It was a gorgeous day today, and we walked 8 miles along the coast. Lunch and naps upon returning home, and after showers we are heading to meet friends for Happy Hour in nearby Laguna Beach. The best part of the restaurant’s terrific Asian fusion Happy Hour selections may just be their creative cocktails. 🙂

    - Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get some laundry done today, but we also have several errands to run too. Hopefully we will get it all done. I hope you get your to do list done too.

    It’s so nice to be able to sit and read for a while like that. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete