The boys had a school soccer game yesterday, which ended in a tie. They both played quite a bit, and for much of the game were both playing defense. They were fun to watch, and I got a few photos, which is always a treat. (Teen boys are not so much for allowing mom to take their pictures. :-))
After the game, I dropped Nick off at tennis lessons, and came home to make dinner & a salad. M had torn apart the espresso machine, in an attempt to fix it. The espresso machine is 16 years old, and according to the tracker on it, it has made 20k+ cups of espresso. It's been on its last leg for over a year, and M ordered a few parts & is attempting to fix it himself, with help from YouTube videos. Parts were all over the kitchen, and the espresso has so many colored wires, it looked like a bomb. Let's see how the repairs go. A replacement is several thousand dollars, so it's definitely worth attempting to repair, not to mention keeping the old one out of a landfill. A repair is not for the faint of heart!
We had an easy dinner of ravioli (which, Sam had as an appetizer, because he couldn't wait for Nick to return from tennis) & baked panko chicken. The chicken had been in the freezer for a while, so I was happy to get it out of there & free up some space.
The boys wrapped up the evening with cookies (dough balls in the freezer, for just such an occasion). They have voracious appetites most days!
It's shaping up to be a pretty mellow weekend, which I'm grateful for. Here's what's on the agenda:
- Meet a neighbor for a walk. She lives right behind me, and we've chatted a few times, and have tried to get together on & off for over a year. It's never worked out, so I'm happy I'll have a chance to get to know her a bit better.
- Produce stand. I need just a few items for the week ahead (broccoli, cauliflower, peppers & cabbage)
- Shopping list. This is mostly complete
- Costco. M will brave the crowds, as he has more patience for this task than I do.
- Make coleslaw to go with dinner
- Grill chicken (M). He's making barbecued chicken, at my request.
- Make granola bars. Sam ate all of the delicious no bake peanut butter chocolate bars, so I'll make another snack to have on hand.
- Laundry (always)
- Pick up the house
- Take Nick to/from a friend's house. It might be bikeable, so perhaps he can bike there, & I can pick him up in the evening.
- I'm also hoping to book flights for my mom's 70th birthday. My sister & I are taking her to Hawaii this summer. I bought gift cards for the flights on Costco (they are 10% off, and I get a 3% rebate), so just waiting for the gift card numbers to come through, so I can complete the purchase.