Friday, April 29, 2022

Frugal Friday

I was too busy to spend money during the work week, but made up for it during the weekend, where I treated my mom to a dinner out & a wine tasting, as a thanks for all of her help in the past week or so.  


Saving on things we buy

  • My mom treated the boys to boba one night, and I had a $5 coupon that I applied to the order. I do not get the boba love, but the boys are huge fans. 

Earning money

  • Again with the driving of the kids to their jobs. 

Avoiding spending

  • Along with everything else, Uber has gotten very expensive, so I picked up M at the airport after a flight, and arranged my schedule to be able to drop my parents off for their respective flights. 

Eating what we have

  • Unfortunately, I had to eat out for most of the meals (I love a great dining out experience as much as anyone else, but too much, particularly for work, is not great for the waistline, and I'd much prefer to be at home.)
  • We made chicken enchiladas & guacamole on Sunday, which made quite a bit of leftovers & got put in the freezer for another time. 
  • I turned two small containers of leftovers (many dinners out) into a follow up dinner at home
  • M relied primarily on prepped meals from the freezer to feed the kids while I was busy

For others

  • Returned carts at the grocery store, set up a carpool, helped my parents with some tech issues, and helped out at a work event
What about you? Any wins to share? 

2 comments:

  1. The prepped meals from the freezer are such smart planning. I know what you mean about too much eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice a year (spring + fall) we have a big garbage cleanup in our area; people put out big items for recycling/landfills and it is...an event. People drive/walk around neighbourhoods to find "treasures." We found a working, old/expensive audio receiver, a Herschel laptop bag for me, and some big plastic totes for our winter gear. I LOVE thrifting for clothes, but the only thing better than thrifting, to me, is free! It was a lot of fun and very satisfying to keep these perfectly good items out of a landfill.

    ReplyDelete