Saturday, April 2, 2022

Saturday Happenings

We had a (reasonably) relaxing evening yesterday. I say reasonably, because there is always at least one kid activity, but this one was close by. M was able to pick up Nick from tennis a few blocks away while I finished dinner. He can only bike that route home towards the middle of summer, when the days are longest. Because Fridays tend to be our latest dinner night due to Nick's tennis, M & I got the chance to sit by the pool & have a glass of wine & catch up. It was so lovely. Sam was inside doing homework, so he perhaps had a slightly less lovely Friday evening. ;-) 

I made a delicious dinner, that required only minor revisions for my two "other" eaters, so that was also a win. 

Here's what's on the schedule for today:

  • Take Sam to reffing games
  • Take Nick to reffing games
  • M to take Sam to the city for a club game
  • Nick to tennis lessons
  • Laundry
  • Work out
  • Dinner. I'm thinking tacos/taco salads, as that's what sounds good right now
  • I'd love to get in a yoga video, depending on the schedule
  • Make muffins
  • List an item on eBay
  • Finalize & book Nick's (now belated) birthday gathering
  • Shopping list for the week
  • Menu
  • Review the boys assignments with them. As we get closer to finals, I encourage them to double check that each assignment is submitted (because, sometimes they are done, but people have neglected to hit the "submit" button), etc. 
That's it from my side. What about you? What are you up to this weekend? 

16 comments:

  1. My list has no running if kids, but hopefully sets the week up better. Hubs wants to go out. I'd like to open a bottle of wine and stay in, but I should get out more I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely more of an introvert, post COVID. I know we need to get out more, but I find myself happy with a walk, or a glass of wine by the pool.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy weekend for you! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very typical weekend, which keeps me busy for sure!

      Delete
  3. It is a quiet Saturday here. I did a couple of surveys, sewed an easy shorts pattern, piled up this months projects beside my chair, and I did some knitting. Leftover pizza is warming in the oven and my evening will be spent doing a bit more knitting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly do miss some of those cluttered with activities weekends. Enjoy them because they are fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it may not feel like sometimes it in the midst of your current crazy hustle and bustle, but you are building great family memories, and laying the groundwork for your soon-to-be-here adult children relationships. Kudos to both you and M!

    Over here, I had a sailing lesson in the morning, which was/is so much fun, then after cleaning up and grabbing a bite to eat, headed out with DH to see a play at a local college, then met friends for dinner at a Mexican restaurant we all like. We walked over to the ocean afterward, lingering on the pier as we all talked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because I try to remind myself of that, particularly when I'm driving people to their "job". It's important for us that our kids know the value of a job, and a budget, & earning income, and since they can't yet drive, we're supporting the process. Even though it's more work for us in the short term, we are very motivated to have them work some at this age, so we're willing to help.

      Your day sounds absolutely fabulous!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely to all of your points. Not sure it was appreciated then, but over here both DD’s were expected to get part time jobs at 16, and to save, if I recall correctly, 50% of their earnings. This, on top of a sport and a full slate of honor and AP courses. In college, we provided tuition, room & basic board, but gave them full responsibility for purchasing their books and providing their own spending cash. Part time jobs and summer employment by both as a result, without any overseeing from us. We gift frequently, but since college (over 15 years ago now) not once have they asked to borrow money. I’d like to think there is a correlation.

      Delete
    3. Love this, and it's how I was raised as well. I worked three jobs in college, and while I wouldn't ask that of my kids (it's hard to have much of the college experience when you are exhausted & working so much), I don't regret where it got me, & what it taught me about the value of money, & being self sufficient. I've definitely never borrowed money from my parents since I was 18, and now enjoy helping them out. Paying it forward, as they worked really hard to help me cover the parts of college that my scholarship didn't cover.

      We have so much more than my parents did when I was growing up, that we always want to be sure we're not overindulging, or setting our kids up for failure by giving them too much. It's a real balance!

      Delete
  6. I taught 7 am to 1 pm on Saturday, was thrilled to come home to DH making dinner. This is a stay in weekend, and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you came home to your husband making dinner. What a nice way to wrap up the day after you were working!

      Delete
  7. You are one busy lady. Sitting by the pool sounds so nice. We did that last week when we were out of town. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is so nice to sit by the pool! Just looking at the water makes me relax.

      Delete