Saturday, April 30, 2022

Saturday Happenings

 I'm so grateful the work week is done! I had an offsite last week, & two offsites this week. Tons of in person time, and four evening commitments between the two weeks. I feel like I went from zero to 100, with working from home for two years, & then returning to the office full force. 

On the one night I didn't have an evening work commitment, I drove four kids to soccer & hung out in the parking lot until just after nine. After dropping everyone off, it was after 9:30. There were some *long* days last week!

It's more wild times ahead, as we fly out on Friday for a family wedding (M has very few family members in the US & this is one of his cousins). M & the boys fly back on Sunday, while I fly to London. On Mother's Day weekend. I'm not overly excited about it, particularly because there were no direct flights that met my price cap, so I have to go to Denver first. 

Here's what's on the to do list for today:

  • Figure out packing for London & San Diego. I need a bunch of COVID test kit related stuff, so need to remember to add that to the packing list. It will also be a weird packing list, as I need things like a formal dress & heels, which is not something I typically bring on a work trip. ;-) 
  • Decide on a dress for the wedding
  • Take Nick to a reffing game
  • Work out
  • Menu plan for this week, and helpfully arrange the freezer so M can figure out meal options when I'm in London
  • Sort the soccer carpool for next week
  • Take Sam on some practice drives
  • Yoga
  • Laundry
  • Costco
  • Grocery store
  • I think we're having chicken curry (freezer) & rice tonight for dinner, so I need to sort that out as well.
What about you? What's on your schedule for today?

4 comments:

  1. My husband decided to not work today. It's not vacation, just determined with store traffic patterns, he could miss and just be on call should a lucrative deal need to happen with an existing customer. Poaching others repeat customers without notice is an absolute No in his industry. He and my daughter may go to a movie but I've got some things in the house to do and a personal project. I'm sorry your scheduled amped up so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your husband gets a chance to relax & enjoy the day! The schedule resuming is a good reminder that I'm in the home stretch with this job. :-) Working from home without travel was such a wonderful reprieve, but things are definitely back. I'm not going to Tokyo until September, thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Just the same old same old here yesterday. How neat that you will be going to London. I wish you safe travels there and back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that your work schedule got crazy. Enjoy the wedding and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete