Tuesday, April 5, 2022

March goals recap - how did I do?

March wasn't the most organized month, and I was quite late getting things going. But, unsurprisingly, the month carried on without waiting for me to be ready. It was also a very busy time at work, and I'm expecting that to be getting even busier, with returning to the office, & traveling.


Here's how I did with my goals.

Financial:

  • Stick to our budget - we are trending slightly ahead of where I'd like to be for groceries, but otherwise doing well. 
  • Talk to our accountant about a DAF for charitable contributions, & adjustments for next year - we completed our tax work, but haven't talked about the DAF. 
  • Come up with long term budget/FIRE plan - I've been working on timing, and think I've got a pretty good sense for what I'm working towards. Budget is always more fungible, but also making progress on this as well. 
  • Progress towards $1500 side hustle, gift card & Fetch/iBotta goals - I made $1.48 in March, so clearly nailing this one. ;-) I did, however, make progress with some of the gift cards, so that's nice. 
Family:
  • Play one fun activity with the kids - we had a tennis & boba night
  • Support the kids with various planning (permit process, job applications, tutoring, etc) - yes, this is going reasonably well
  • Have two dates with M - Yes, we had a lunch & dinner date
  • Schedule a call with M's family -no, but I sent pictures
Fitness/Health
  • Get back into healthy eating routine - Yes, for the most part, I've turned things around. 
  • Close rings daily - Yes
  • Lose 2 lbs - Yes
Personal/Creative
  • Do something social with friends at least once/month - I met two friends for walks
  • Invest time in my volunteer job - yes, but not as much as I'd like
  • Come up with post-work plan & options - I've been thinking a lot about this!
  • Journal 10x - nope

So there you have it! As always, progress, not perfection. How about you? Did you set any goals for the month? How did you do in March?


7 comments:

  1. Perfection is so overrated! You had a good month and fun with your family, which is the ultimate standard to judge your month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO overrated, and definitely not possible for me anyway. May as well appreciate being happy with what I can deliver!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to guess journaling and blogging at the same time is hard to squeeze in. You did really good o your goals overall though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a bunch of writing in April, which I've enjoyed, so it's the kind of thing where the mood needs to strike. I find it hard to force.

      Delete
  3. I think you did well and hey this blog can be your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well. I always say that any movement forward is good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I think you did really well and that was a lot of stuff for March.
    I set 22 goals for 2022; I already know some of them won't get accomplished (we wanted to rebuild a carport on our house which I listed as a goal...but chose for my husband to take a sabbatical from work instead which is already 1000x better than any renovation would have been).
    I do list a few to-do's for each month in my planner, but tend to just draft items week by week aside from my big "goals" for the year.
    I think I'd start getting overwhelmed if I did a list for each month as I'm sure I'd get carried away with how much I tried to get accomplished? But then I see all these awesome bloggers doing it and I'm tempted to try.
    But even without goals, March was a great and very full month! Maybe I could set a 10-goal max for each month? We'll see...you've left me with something to mull over :)

    ReplyDelete