Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday Happenings

It's a super stormy day here - very, very rainy & windy. The boys are off for a ski trip to Tahoe, so fingers crossed all goes well there. I woke up briefly when they left at 4:30, but then managed to fall back to sleep an hour or so later.

I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish while they are gone. The list is too long to write down, but the rough categories are:

  • Work out every day
  • Organize a few sections of the house
  • Prep meals for the week
  • Make soups for the freezer (plus a loaf of bread)
  • Make muffins
  • Deep clean the house
  • Run errands
  • Do a couple of fun things (get a massage, virtual happy hour with friends)
Between all of that, it's easily enough to keep me busy through Monday. 

What about you? What are you up to this weekend? 

7 comments:

  1. All 3 guys gone? What a treat and I mean that with a smile. Enjoy the time for yourself too, not just your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all gone! I enjoyed most of the day, but the morning was a struggle (garage & pool flooded). I'm ready for the rain & storms to stop!

      Delete
  2. I'm with SAM on that smile! Go YOU! I'm working organizing my space and watching Hallmark movies on the back end. I am still limited on what I can do until March 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are getting plenty of rest & enjoying your time. The work will always be there for you, when you are feeling better!

      Delete
  3. That photo at the top of your blog is lush! Your weekend sounds very much like mine! Enjoy the peace & quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks. It's right outside a lovely restaurant in Maui. It was so picture perfect!

      I'm enjoying the quiet & hope you are as well.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your time alone and getting things ready for the upcoming week. Me, just doing the usual. A few tasks that needed doing, and working on projects before visiting with all my friends.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete