Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sunday Things

 Well, I've been up since 3, and got about 4 hours of sleep last night, so today promises to be a real adventure. I heart jet lag. ;-) Let's hope I can regulate my sleeping again before work tomorrow. 

I was reasonably productive yesterday, all things considered. I went to Sam's game, finished most of my packing for France, got a pedicure, set out new ant traps, did the laundry, worked out, & washed the spare bedding. I also went to Trader Joes, & made a menu plan/shopping list for the week. 

Who knows what I'll get done today, particularly given how tired I am. Here's what's on the list:

  • Weekly check in with boys (this is overdue, so needs to be done)
  • Vacuum
  • Clean kitchen
  • Bathrooms
  • Finalize last France travel detail
  • Make protein bars
  • Run
  • Meet a friend for a hike
  • Schedule for the week
  • Family dinner out (using a gift card)
What about you? What's on your to do list for today? Hope you have a lovely & productive day!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, with regard to ants- We have been very successful in keeping ants out of our home by spraying the perimeter of our entire home every 6-8 weeks with a big one gallon jug of ant spray we picked up at Home Depot. We also have cut back foliage to make sure it does not touch our home anywhere.

    No inside ants since we began doing that, even though they continue to exist (thrive?) in our yard.

    Otherwise- welcome home. You have amazing fortitude IMO to be able to get back on a long haul flight so soon. But I know your next trip will be one you're much looking forward to!

    Over here, today will involve a visit to the gym, forging of two cupboards full of Christmas items in preparation for our upcoming move to a bigger home (oops, surprised us to!), but with a smaller garage. We're also going to a play, then meeting friends for a Happy Hour dinner and a walk out onto the San Clemente pier to catch the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lot of success with the ant traps that sit in these little wall attachments, but also do the outside spraying as needed.

      Love the bigger house - what a lovely treat! Enjoy happy hour dinner & the walk in the sunset.

      Delete
  2. I didn’t realize your France trip
    was so soon after your Japan trip. Yikes! Best wishes you recover from
    Japan trip quickly so that you have a fabulous time in France with family! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes. Unfortunately, it's very soon. My passport was being renewed, so there's not a lot of flex between the vacation & the work trip.

      Delete
  3. I managed to get all that really needed to be done completed. Now I am tuckered out though. I will be sitting and knitting for awhile pretty soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be going to France. I wish you safe travels and I hope you got everything on your to do list done. Yesterday was very productive for me. I did four loads of laundry, folded and put away. Steamed all the incoming inventory for Bailey to process. Made dinner, Cleaned up the kitchen, took all the garbage out. It was a busy, but productive day.

    ReplyDelete