Saturday, September 2, 2023

Saturday Happenings

 M(tested negative before he left, phew) flew to Las Vegas on Thursday to meet up with my dad, uncle, sister's partner & my nephew, for my nephew's 21st birthday celebration. The Portland based crowd attempted to fly in yesterday. They got within 100 feet of the runway, and the visibility was so bad that the pilot aborted the landing. Eventually, they ended up in LAX, with no possible flights to Las Vegas, and not even an option to get home that night. You also don't get hotel accommodations if your flight was canceled/diverted due to weather. 

After reboarding the flight again, and then it being cancelled, they ended up driving to Las Vegas, and got there at 1 am. I'm so grateful they made it there safely! What an adventure they've already had, and the trip hasn't even started. Fingers crossed that the rest of the trip is awesome.

I'm thrilled to have a long weekend. I'm very far behind on life & work, after the past week. Here's what's on the agenda (and, as always, some will spill over, so think of this as more of a weekend vs today list):

  • Virtual happy hour call with my sister & BFF, to discuss our France plans.
  • Make 3 dozen muffins. Maybe more, if I get the freezer organized.
  • Use/freeze the applesauce that I made last night. Some of it will go into the muffins. I turned a huge bag of fallen apples from a neighbor's tree into sauce. They were thrilled to get rid of them, and I was able to use 90% of them. Some were a little too far gone, but I caught most of them in time.
  • Vacuum
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Scrub the shower
  • Laundry
  • Wash all the sheets
  • September goals
  • August goal recap
  • Figure out what I'm packing for France
  • Give away at least 20 items on Buy Nothing
  • Sort out math tutoring
  • Sign up for Farsi language practice
  • Clean the fridge
  • Catch up on bills/budget tracking
What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Went back to teaching (transitional Kinder) for 5 days after being off for 10 with COVID and felt horrible on Friday, yep tested positive again for COVID. Ugh. So isolating upstairs this 3 day weekend. But I will catch up on Apple TV (Silo) and then watch all my required PD classes (child abuse/bulllying/active shooter drills) :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Liz! Hope you are feeling better & test negative again soon. The isolation sucks, so I hope you're able to use the time to get things done, at least.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to add my name Liz in Central CA

    ReplyDelete