Tuesday, September 5, 2023

August Goals Recap

 Wow, August was a wild ride, closing with the running relay & COVID! Here's what I accomplished for my goals this month.

Financial:

  • Stick to our budget - we did "okay" this month, but had a lot of back to school expenses. 
  • Use six "hard to use" freezer or pantry items - I used a ton of bananas, to make muffins. We also ate through quite a few freezer leftovers, when the boys were with my parents. 
  • Make $100 in side hustle - I made $0 in side hustle in August

Family:

  • One fun activity with the kids - I did a breakfast & a lunch out with Sam, but Nick & I didn't get to anything this month (unless you count those doctor's visits ;-)). That's on my list for next month! However, I did get Nick to deep clean his room, which was a crazy time investment, and so very worth it! He got rid of about 1/3 of his room contents. 
  • Prep & get ready for back to school - Done. All registrations, sports physicals, & forms complete!
  • Work in the yard - I did okay with this. Some garden work, but not as much as I'd have liked. 
  • Two dates with M -  Yes! We had a long weekend together in Las Vegas, and several afternoons with cocktails by the pool
  • Prep for September travel - yes. Made a lot of progress on this
Fitness/Health:
  • Complete my running plan for the month & successfully finish my legs at Hood to Coast - yes & yes! Despite not feeling well
  • Follow the No S diet - yes, this is still going well
  • Meditate 3x - nope
  • Have a colonoscopy - yes, and what a treat that was ;-) 

Personal:

  • Do something social with friends - yes, I met a couple friends for coffee, walks & a hike
  • Practice French on Duolingo - yes, most days
  • Finalize all France activities - yes! we are 95% of the way complete
  • Give away 20 items on Buy Nothing - I probably 3x'd this target
  • Try new garden recipes - Not a new recipe, but I did make pickled jalapenos for M
  • Get back into journaling - nope
That's it for me. How did you do with your goals for August? 


4 comments:

  1. Wow. What a month you had! Question: Does Duolingo suffice for conversation for you? I've played on it with my father's second native language, but I don't feel I'm making progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, no. I think it's okay for being able to understand parts of conversation, signs, general themes, etc.

      Delete
  2. Well done! I hope this month is equally good__Anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete