Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Menu Plan Tuesday

We had a fabulous time in Arizona, but M & I came home sick. I had a high fever yesterday, and a terrible cough, and spent the majority of the day in bed. I accomplished absolutely nothing on my to do list. I need to join one call this morning, and then I'm planning to take a sick day. 

Gorgeous horse back riding trip on Sunday. Neither of the boys had ever been on a horse before, & I hadn't been on one in decades, so it was a fun experience. Sickness aside, we had a lovely trip & it was so fabulous to see my nephew. The boys would definitely love to come back & spend a week at the ranch he works at.


We didn't even bother making dinner last night (I believe Sam made himself some taquitos from the freezer), but I do need to sort a menu plan for the next few days. 

Tuesday - grilled chicken (freezer) + mac & cheese (boys). M & I will have salad with ours
Wednesday - spaghetti & meatballs + garlic bread
Thursday - tacos (freezer) 
Friday - leftovers or pizza

I hope everyone is staying warm (and healthy)! What's on the menu at your house?


6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry y’all got sick. The horseback riding looks fabulous! Did your son like the University in Arizona? I think the desert has its own kind of beauty. I hope you get well soon. We had a rare ice storm and everything is shut down. Hopefully power will stay on for my son in the northern part of the state. I could not get to work bc the highways there are shut down and iced over per the sheriff. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all had a fun time, but sure hate to hear you came home sick. Hope you feel better in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so easy to get sick on a trip or when you come home it happens to me often! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful picture! I'm glad you had a good time, but sorry you ended up sick. That stinks! Taking a day off, after your meeting/phone call, will hopefully help. We had meatloaf last night, and pizza tonight, and I have chicken drumsticks thawing for tomorrow. I'm in the mood for tacos too, so we will probably have those this week like you have on your menu. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read that you became sick. The horseback riding looks a great deal of fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo! I hope you both get well soon!

    ReplyDelete