Sunday, January 28, 2024

Goals for the month - week 4

Last week really felt like it got away from me, with traveling & being sick. I made some solid progress on my list yesterday, and will continue today. 

Here's how I'm doing with my January goals, with just a few days left. 

Financial:

  • Achieve savings goals (401K, Nick's 529 - $1,000, Sam's college - save monthly stock vest) - yes, totally on track here. 
  • Earn $200 in side hustle - I've made $65
  • Use up 2 pantry items, & 2 bags of smoothie fruit (freezer) - Yes. I used up two cans of green beans, two bags of smoothie fruit, & a bonus frozen container of applesauce. 

Family:

  • Review college spreadsheet with Sam, and have him work through virtual tours, majors, etc.  - We heard back from the last school, and have narrowed the list to two. We can't do a tour of one of the two schools until March, so the final decision will be made after that. 
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys - we skied, & went to a ranch & went on a horse back ride together
  • Sign Nick up for local SAT test - done
  • Optimize perks, points, miles to keep travel costs down - used a free hotel night + earned free parking/drinks & snacks, thanks to hotel status
Fitness:
  • Stretch 2x/week - I've done 4/8
  • Lose 2 lbs - yes
  • Follow training plan for half marathon - Oof, I'm so far behind, with being sick, traveling, etc
  • Strength train 8 times - I'm at 4/8, but if I finish the classes I'm currently signed up for, I'll finish with 6/8
  • Follow the No S diet - I give myself a low score of this for January
Personal:
  • Get together with a friend - we went to a soccer game 
  • Practice Farsi 10 items - I've practiced 4/10 times
  • Declutter 50 items from the house - yes, I'm at 55/50
  • Find a pickle ball class or lesson - I found one, but didn't sign up, as we would miss so many lessons. I'm planning to sign up for the next session
  • Late add on: take the class "The Science of Well-Being" - I'm a bit behind thanks to being sick & work travel, but I've finished two units. 
What about you? How are you doing with your January goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment