Sunday, January 7, 2024

Sunday things + a vacation recap and a NYE gown

We all head back to work & school tomorrow, after a lovely break. We did so much in a pretty short period of time! 

M & I had a mini weekend while the boys hung out with my parents, we celebrated Christmas with my parents/family/friends. M & I flew home & originally planned to get some house projects done, but very, very last minute (6 pm the night before) opted to go to Las Vegas for NYE. We had a fantastic time together, while the boys hung out with my parents + sister & cousin who was home from college. Everyone regrouped at home, and then we went skiing. 

We had a great time skiing, but I'm definitely tuckered out after all of the excitement. We are heading out on a college tour on Friday (taking advantage of one of the only long weekends of the school year) in Arizona, and we will also see my other nephew, who we missed over the holidays. After that, I'm heading to NYC for work, so the travel continues.

There is so much to get done, & I most certainly do not feel ready to go back to work tomorrow, but plenty of fun was had. There was also lots of overindulgence, and it's time to get back into a consistent workout routine & healthier eating again!

Here's what I'm up to today:

  • Laundry
  • Get all of the ski clothes back into various bags
  • Adjust Arizona hotels (the college tour had to be scheduled for Saturday vs Monday, and impacts our hotel options)
  • Go for a long run
  • Return two items I bought & didn't need (to go with the below). On a related note, when we got to Las Vegas, M shared the dress code for the event we were attending, and I most certainly hadn't packed anything formal enough. I used a gift card to buy this dress, which I ended up absolutely loving. I found it in an hour, which I was pretty impressed with. ;-) Luckily, I could wear the shoes I brought. I've never received as many compliments on anything I own as I did this dress, so it was a hit!
  • Get ready for the week ahead: menu plan, workout plan, work schedule
  • Prep/marinate chicken for tomorrow's dinner
  • Start working on senior night (I'm hosting, for the soccer team)
  • Make reservations/plans for Arizona trip
  • Replace missing/broken ski items (gloves for Nick, a helmet for Sam, goggles for me)
  • Find 10 items to give away on BN (already have one ready & on the porch)
  • List 3 items on Ebay
What about you? Have you ever needed to quickly find an item to wear, while on vacation? And, what's on the to do list for today? 

11 comments:

  1. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! No, I have never found anything on short notice on vacation but other than my daughter’s wedding reception, I have never needed anything formal
    On vacation. I actually found that dress for $35 at the local thrift store! Work will be hectic for me this week. Sounds like the same for you! Have fun in Arizona! That is so exciting he is thinking about colleges in several different states! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, what an awesome deal to find a great dress for your daughter's wedding.

      Hoping Arizona is great, and he gets a good chance to experience the campus.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you all had a wonderful break! I have never been able to find anything quickly off the rack to wear as an adult. I am SO short! Haha! I always need alterations for dresses and pants. But, I do love this dress you chose! It's beautiful! How exciting that you get to go to New York! It's on my bucket list for someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is 5", and often shops in a teen section, to find clothes that don't need to be hemmed. She's tiny all around, but often struggles to not look like she's dressed like a teen :-)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous dress!!!! Your break sounds just wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved it, and the color is gorgeous.

      Delete
  4. Is that you or a model?! In any event, it is a stunning dress. And I still would love to know how you get so much done in one day! You must be a high energy, low sleep needs kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is most certainly not me! That's the model from the web site :-)

      I am reasonably high energy, but need a lot of sleep to stay on top of my lupus, and keep it in remission.

      I suppose I'd say that I'm just pretty focused on getting things checked off, and also I usually get 90% or so of my list done on any given day. Some of it inevitably moves to the following day. I try hard not to waste time during the day, because my energy level crashes around 5 pm, and from them on, I'm only good for dinner prep or sofa bound tasks, barring something really important needing my attention.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the response!

      Delete
  5. Love the dress and a picture of you in it please?

    ReplyDelete