Friday, January 26, 2024

Frugal Friday

 I'm a bit late, as I've just gotten back from New York this afternoon (work trip). Here's how the rest of the week went. 

Saving on things we buy

  • Uploaded receipts to Fetch & iBotta, and saved $.25 via iBotta. & $4 via Fetch. I bought 4 packages of Bubly water (treat for the teens), as they were buy 2/get 2 free. That dropped the price to $12 for 4, and then the $4 off of dropped the price to $8 ($2/each), which is a great deal.
  • I used a discount code for Michaels (picking up items for school soccer senior night). 

Earning money

  • I sold two hoodies that didn't fit the boys, and made $20 on FB Marketplace
  • I converted my Fetch rewards to a $25 CVS gift card 
  • Sold a back massager that didn't work for me (I like much deeper pressure than it can provide) for $25 on FB. 

Avoiding spending

  • After I got back from the airport today, with a terrible headache from not enough sleep during the week, I was tempted to order takeout. Instead, I made myself a sandwich. 

Eating what we have

  • I've been meaning to use up various "fancy" cheese we bought for NYE & didn't end up eating. I put together a snack tray on Saturday night, while everyone was watching the game, and used up one package. 
  • I also made myself a light lunch of apples, cheese & crackers, using up more of the NYE cheese. 
  • Nick had a friend over after his game on Saturday, & we used up some pasta & sauce in the fridge, I made a large bowl of fruit, and then I made grilled cheese sandwiches. Because, teen boys eat a lot! I didn't have any sliced or brick cheddar cheese, so I used up those small snack cheeses (individually wrapped) & those worked great for sandwiches.
  • We finished off the Korean chicken we bought at Costco & didn't particularly enjoy. I found the sauce overpowering. But, gone & out of the freezer!
  • I used the rest of the Korean chicken sauce in the Korean beef rice bowls I was making. It had lots of other flavors, and worked out well, and avoided me needing to toss it. 
  • Used the last of a package of pepper jack cheese on a sandwich I made today. 

For others

  • I've been spending a lot of time volunteering to host the senior soccer night, and have also donated quite a bit of supplies & some money to help make the event a success for the boys!
What about you? Any wins to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment