Sunday, January 21, 2024

Goals for the month - week 3

 January is absolutely whizzing by. I feel like I missed an entire week due to being sick, but I'm trying to get my groove back. 

To stay on track in 2024, I'm going to try & do weekly updates on my goals, for extra motivation. 

Financial:

  • Achieve savings goals (401K, Nick's 529 - $1000, Sam's college - save monthly stock vest) - yes, totally on track here. We had a bumpy first week or so of cash flow, but thanks to changing our ski week plans and some other optimizations, we are back on track & saving as expected. 
  • Earn $200 in side hustle - I've made $20
  • Use up 2 pantry items, & 2 bags of smoothie fruit (freezer) - Yes! I used up two cans of green beans & 2 bags of smoothie fruit. As a bonus, I also used up a container of frozen applesauce. 
Family:
  • Review college spreadsheet with Sam, have him work through virtual tours, majors, etc. - It's an ongoing project, but we did a college tour (in person) as well as a virtual tour. 
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys - we skied, & went to a ranch & went on a horse back ride together
  • Sign Nick up for local SAT test - done
  • Optimize perks, points, miles to keep travel costs down - used a free hotel night + earned free parking/drinks & snacks thanks to hotel status. 
Fitness:
  • Stretch 2x/week - I've only stretched 2x total, so behind here
  • Lose 2 lbs - yes, thanks to being sick
  • Follow training plan for half marathon - I was doing okay until I got sick. I need to get back to my plan
  • Strength train 8 times - I'm at 3/8
  • Follow the No S diet - I need to get back to this a bit more seriously
Personal:
  • Get together with a friend - I went to a soccer game with a friend
  • Practice Farsi 10 times - I've practiced 3/10 times
  • Declutter 50 items from the house - I'm at 27/50
  • Find a pickle ball class or lesson - I found one, but didn't sign up, as we would be gone so much. I'm going to sign up for the following lesson
  • Late add on: take the class The Science of Wellbeing - I've added this to the list. I'm a bit behind thanks to being sick, and need to catch up. 
What about you? How are you doing on your January goals? 




3 comments:

  1. I am not doing too badly, but I know that one will not be completed due to the cloudy weather we have been having.
    You are doing very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well on meeting your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great job!

    I'm at a zero for this month's goals since we've been overwhelmed with everyone getting sick and Sera's health issues. I'm going to have to reset my expectations for the month and hope to start fresh for next month.

    ReplyDelete