Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy New Year and 2024 Goals

 I hope everyone had a fabulous & safe New Year! Our gang is reunited again & we are going to potentially attempt a ski trip tomorrow. Although, still very minimal snow in Lake Tahoe. We shall see!

I tweaked my goals slightly, so here's the revised list for 2024:

Financial:

  • Max Nick's 529 account
  • Max our 401ks (standard contribution for me + M's catch up contribution) 
  • Save the remainder of Sam's college expenses
  • Save another $100k in after tax investments
  • Earn $3,000 in side hustle
  • Set monthly pantry or freezer challenges
Family:
  • Help Sam finalize his decision & transition to college
  • Get Nick through the college application process + SATs & AP tests for both boys
  • Optimize our points, perks, miles, to keep travel costs in check while enjoying travel
  • Plan one fun activity per month with the boys
Fitness:
  • Stretch 2x/week
  • Lose weight
  • Run 2 half marathons + Hood to Coast
  • Continue to strength train regularly
  • Follow the No S Diet

Personal:

  • Get together with friends 1x/month
  • Practice Farsi 100 times
  • Declutter 500 items from the house
  • Learn to play pickle ball
What about you? What's on your goal list for 2024? 


4 comments:

  1. Great goal list!
    1. I have decided I want to staying working part time this year. That is bc of the health insurance. I will be old enough for Medicare in 2025. I will re evaluate in 2025.
    2. I want to save $2400 for a couple of round trip nonstop plane tickets out West and the car parking fee at airport.
    3. I want to lose ten lbs. and eat two servings a day of greens,
    instead of one, like I currently eat. I also want to up my vegetable intake of orange vegetables. I am slightly allergic apparently to raw carrots but do fine with cooked carrots for some reason. I suppose I could do squash or sweet potatoes.
    I also count eggplant and cauliflower in the “orange” list although they are not orange…. lol.
    4. I want to continue my exercise program
    5. I want to do major decluttering, which always seems to be an issue with me. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flights are so crazy, so your #2 goal is a good one. I also like your increase of veggies - great goal! I'm also always decluttering!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure what my $ goal is, but we would like to have a better handle on college costs. I will have a freshman in about three years. I thought we were pretty well prepared, but when I run the net price calculators on some of the college websites, I'm a little shocked. It's hard to get a handle on what merit awards may be in a few years too (if any).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can so relate to all of this! Sam has gotten into a variety of schools, and the cost difference between them is staggering! We thought we had a good handle on the costs, but we were mistaken!

      Delete