Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekly Spending Update

Here's what I spent during the week. My mom, sister & I spent all day Saturday together, stayed overnight in a hotel, ate lunch, dinner, & breakfast out, as well as went shopping during the day. Although the weekend was expensive, I stayed within my planned budget! It was my mom's birthday. I was super excited to see that our parking was free, which I hadn't expected. Yeah!
  • Monday
    • $19.05 - Trader Joe's (groceries)
    • $7.43 - Fred Meyer (groceries)
    • $52.68 - Gas
    • ++$45 for a Craig's List sale.
  • Tuesday
    • No spend day!
  • Wednesday
    • $47.18 - Costco (groceries)
    • $227.25 - Costco (Christmas gifts)
    • $43.68 - Costco (Christmas gifts)
    • $52.24 - Dining out. Took a friend to dinner since I'll miss her baby shower.
  • Thursday
    • $1.15 - protein smoothie at the gym
    • $35.60 - Costco (Christmas gift)
    • $26.78 - Amazon (Christmas gift)
    • $123.75 - Car registration/tab renewal
    • $14.75 - new air filter for the car
    • $57.99 - spark plugs for the car
    • $16.24 - Ebay (Christmas gift)
  • Friday
    • ++$6,862 - stock options from work. I typically only get these in September, but my vesting delayed during my maternity leave so this is my last round of October vesting.
    • Coffees (Me + M) at the local coffee shop this am. On a gift card.
    • $15.89 - Costco (meatballs - forgotten in the earlier Costco stop this week)
  • Saturday
    • $25.54 - Bath & Body Works. Stocked up on hand soap, and also got a freebie body wash that will be included in a Christmas gift
    • $105.34 - Ruths Chris (lunch). Will be split with my sister
    • $4.37 - Hallmark. Birthday card for my grandmother
    • $54.74 - Aerosoles. Comfortable brown flats. I have a broken bone in my foot & own basically all heels, which are unwearable at the moment. My budget for clothing this month was $50, so I was so close. :-)
    • $143.74 - Dinner. Will be split with my sister.
    • $20.43 - After dinner drinks. Will be split with my sister
    • $24 - M & the kids went out to dinner.
    • $5 - Sephora. Lipstick brush. On a gift card.
  • Sunday
    • $17 - coffee/breakfast this morning. Will be split with my sister.
    • $7.10 - Fred Meyer for a few groceries (lime juice + a bunch of clearanced ZBars that the kids eat before swimming practice)
    • $20 - Fred Meyer for socks for me. Officially now over my clothing budget. By socks. Drat. So boring, but essential.
    • $15.66 - Fred Meyer for a new pizza pan. This was less than I budgeted.
    • $2.19 - Fred Meyer for balloons for my youngest son, who was shopping with me. Total impulse purchase.
    • $16 - Fred Meyer for a Christmas gift.

Total spend for the week = $1152.77
Total spend for the week (after my reimbursement from my sister) = $1052.77
Total for the week (after I add in my stock vest) = +++$5809.23

How did you do with your weekly spending?

1 comment:

  1. I've stayed under budget ths week, but with the kids being sick, I let myself "off the hook" with tracking. As long as I keep to whatever cash is in my wallet, I'm gold. ;)

    ReplyDelete