Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Frugal Things I Did to Save Money This Week

This is actually a compilation of a few weeks worth of frugal activities!
  • Received a check for $5.40 from Ebates, from online shopping. I deposited it straight into my savings account, so total savings = $5.40
  • I often sign up for American Express offers (we use the credit card for points), even if I'm not sure if I'll use them. I remember signing up for the small business promotion, but I thought it was a pretty limited set of stores, and only on one day. I used my Amex as usual at our local produce stand, where I spent $11.29 on our normal purchases (Persian cucumbers, wheat lavosh bread, two bundles of kale, a bag of potatoes for Thanksgiving, and a small bunch of radishes). I got an email from Amex that the purchase qualified for the small business promotion, and I would automatically get a $10 credit, making my weekly produce stand shop *very* cheap! The gentleman unloading apples while we were in line also gave the kids each an apple, so it was a huge win all around. :-) Total savings = $10.
  • Redeemed more United miles for $200 worth of Amazon gift cards. Total savings = $200.
  • Used another American Express offer for $15 off of a $60 Amazon purchase. Total savings = $15. 
  • Earned a $1,000 bonus at work! So, while not exactly a frugal thing I did, it was a bonus for a giant project that I delivered. I'll be using that money to offset my Christmas spending. Total savings = ~$600 (estimate after pesky taxes). :-) 

Total savings = $830.40

I need all of the extra savings I can get as we move into the holidays! I'm doing my best to be frugal, but there are lots of extra expenses this time of year. How about you? Do you track your frugal activities? Any big wins this week?

1 comment:

  1. Well done, especially the bonus and American Express offer. No biggies this week but I am redeeming all my grocery points this weekend which will add up to 100 plus depending on how many coupons I can tack on. Every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete