Monday, November 30, 2015

November goals - how did I do?

I was ambitious in November, and had one last work trip to Brazil. Thankfully, I have only a personal trip (Christmas with the family) in December. I feel very lucky not to have any more business trips, especially this time of the year!

Fitness:
  1. Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - 900 minutes. Well off my target, but higher than February, March, April, July, & September. (Looking at the bright side. ;-)
  2. Complete 10 strength workouts - 10, right on the money!
  3. Complete 4 stretching workouts - 2, and I got that second one today. Yikes. 
  4. Lose 3 pounds - I lost 1.5 pounds, so at least some progress was made!
Finances:
  1. Stick to our November budget - Yes, but have to add the caveat that our nanny forgot to bring her time sheet, so I didn't pay her as planned on Friday. Not sure where the hours netted out for her, but we will likely finish right *at* or slightly over, once she's paid. 
  2. Finish our 2016 budget planning - I'm almost there!
  3. Continue working on my "40 week project!" - Yes! Still working on this.
  4. Re-evaluate our budget by working backward from "must haves" & see what our minimum income would be. (Advice from some of you a few posts back). - I haven't done this yet, as I'm hoping to wait until I get my new salary the first week of December. I've carried this goal over to next month. 
Planning:
  1. Draft version of 2016 family calendar & vacations - I have the first half of the year figured out. Summer is a little hazier. 
  2. Finish all holiday shopping! - I have one gift left to buy.
Work/Life/Balance:
  1. Continue to accept no more than one late night's worth of meetings/week - I've done this, and it's been *lovely*.
  2. Eat lunch away from my desk 3x/week or more - I've kept to about 2x/week.
  3. Book my workouts on my calendar, & *stick with them*!! - No, I keep booking them, but rarely stick to them. 
Fun:
  1. Get together for a minimum of one social event with a friend - I spent a lot of time with a friend when I went to a soccer tournament, so I'll count this as a social event. 
  2. Volunteer at the boys school. - Not in November
  3. One date night with M - Didn't happen. We thought of doing it this past Saturday, but M wasn't feeling well, so it wouldn't have been much fun. 
  4. Plan & have a fun & special Thanksgiving/surrounding time off with the kids, despite having to work. - Yes! We had a nice, relaxing long weekend. 

And, that's it for me! How about you? How did you do with your November goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment