This year is the beginning of a new tradition, and it's pretty great. I do miss seeing everyone at the family gathering, and we're tentatively planning to be in Hawaii next year for Thanksgiving, but it's nice to establish our own memories.
Neither of the kids like turkey, so we went a slightly non-traditional route for our menu. :-)
- Homemade pomegranate martinis (M's are the absolute best)
- Pink sparkling lemonade
- Goat cheese crostini
- Candied nut, feta, & pomegranate spring mix salad, with balsamic dressing (I made the candied nuts & balsamic dressing this morning & it looks great!)
- Rotisserie chicken from Costco (yes, I know, such a gourmet ;-)). To be fair, I'm on call, and wasn't sure what my work schedule would be like. I did a bunch of stuff this morning, but could have handled roasting my own chicken. But, now we have this one. We'll slice it & heat it in the oven.
- M's garlic mashed potatoes. YUM.
- Green beans with almonds & parmesan
- Homemade macaroni & cheese
- And, pumpkin pie (from Costco)) with ice cream & whipping cream
I've never made stuffing before, so looking forward to it. It smelled really good once I got it assembled. We'll see how it tastes after I bake it.
We also did a 5K today, & I managed to run the entire thing, despite not having run much lately. Sam ran a 23:01, which is really, really fast. I was impressed & wish he could teach me a few things. ;-)
Other than that, we're going to enjoy a nice feast (and start the happy hour soon!) & then play some games with the kids. Couldn't be better! I'm grateful for my family & the fantastic & blessed life we lead.
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!