Friday, January 5, 2018

Frugal Friday

Another Friday, and a few more frugal wins! I'm very happy that we're at the end of the week. I needed a short week to come back to, after the relaxing time off. The first week back to work is always hard.

Here's what we've been up to this week. A mix of the basics, and a few bigger wins.


  • Made lunch for everyone before we left for the airport
  • Packed or froze all remaining grocery leftovers before we left the coast
  • Limited running the dishwasher to one load/day, 2x this week. This is an ongoing process, as not all of us our aligned on this strategy. :-) 
  • No soccer during the week means I only did two loads of laundry, vs my typical four loads. I line dried everything but towels & socks. 
  • All meals made at home (save for free lunches at work). No meals out.
  • Used up green tomatoes (from our garden) I've been ripening for over a month. They were finally ready to eat. 
  • Sold a hoodie that was at the beach house (but never worn & now outgrown) for $6 on our local Facebook swap
  • Bought my flight for my girls trip to Las Vegas in April for $11, and Southwest points. I earned the Southwest points through business travel. I wasn't sure if the itinerary would ever work out to make this happen, so super happy I was able to book it!
That's it from our side. What about you? Any big frugal wins? 

2 comments:

  1. I like how you are able to be so organized around food prep-nothing wasted. I really need to post some things on our local FB site. Getting small amounts back is better than nothing if it;s sitting with no use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you scored seriously big with the 11 OOP plane ticket!
    We are eating in for the next few weeks. Lots of soups are on the menu mainly for the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete