- No meals out. I made a yummy chicken curry over the weekend, and M grilled chicken as well. Between those two meals, we ate leftovers all week. The kids packed lunches, & the adults ate (free) lunch at work.
- I sold a $20 item that I had given up on.
- I contacted a company about a package of boneless/skinless chicken that was full of bones. Which, of course I didn't know until I'd started pounding the chicken, resulting in bone shards everywhere. They are fully refunding the cost. A few years ago, I would have just tossed it & considered it a loss.
- Finally received our $700 Costco gift card (car purchase, from the Costco Exec card), so we will be putting that towards our groceries for the month
- Made another $10 or so selling stuff on eBay.
- Put all "extra" money towards our unfunded 2018 stretch goals. Those include the kids college accounts, and paying extra on our vacation mortgage. So far, this totals $1783 for the year. Super excited I'm tracking the "extra" money & ensuring it goes straight to a goal. Sources of extra money so far this year include:
- eBay/sales - $230
- An extra stock disbursement I wasn't expecting - $1053
- The amount of our grocery budget I won't need due to the Costco gift card - $500 (I'm earmarking $200 for stocking up & perhaps a nice steak or something)
Those are our frugal wins for the week. I'll also be listing a bunch of stuff on eBay today, & packing for my trip to Tokyo on Sunday. What about you? Any frugal wins to report?