Oh, January! I wasn't quite ready to get fully back into the swing of work, but January didn't wait for me to get prepared. Here goes!
- A friend had two free tickets to a physics show, so she took my boys last weekend. They loved it!
- I used Rite Aid points to pick up Pledge for dusting, as we were out
- I used a grocery store gift card to buy clearanced tea bags ($.57) & a pumpkin muffin mix ($.97).
- Used our free local newspaper to clean the mirrors, vs paper towels.
- Sold 4 items on eBay. Made just under $6, but happy to have them out of the house.
- Booked flights for 3 for free, using frequent flier points + credit I had in my airline "wallet"
- Registered for a free ski pass for Nick. A local ski area is giving away weekend passes for 5th graders. It's an amazing deal, and we were already planning on going there over ski break. However, caveat is that they currently have zero snow. :-(
- Made all dinners at home. Packed lunches for the kids. M & I ate at work (free)
- Picked up books off of the freebie table at work. I love taking these on work trips. After reading them, I can remove them & leave them for others while flying, reducing the weight of my carry on.
- Arranged to work remotely for a few days in June. This will allow me to combine two trips to Portland, and cut out the need for one flight.
I hope you had a frugal week! What's the best frugal win you had over the past week or so?