- I track all unexpected money, & divide it between our unfunded goals (mortgage pay down & kids college). I had a stock refund from work (I get stock grants, but sometimes the tax piece results in fractional sales that are added to my paycheck and are always a nice surprise). I almost forgot to do anything with the money, and it would have gone into our regular account. We try to manage our money well, but I find that it "disappears" if we don't have a plan for it. After noticing the money, I diverted $85 into our mortgage, and $150/each for the boys college funds.)
- I planned meals for when I was out of town, & left M & the boys with a menu & easy to heat options
- I had to take an Uber to the training I was attending, as I had a flat tire. (Not frugal, btw) I was able to buy Uber cash for 5% off, so one small savings.
- I also bought a Home Depot gift card for $12 off of the purchase price via Raise (a gift card reseller) & used eBates, to earn just a bit more back off of that. We have a few expensive house projects planned, so the Home Depot gift cards always come in handy.
- We went out for dinner yesterday, as I got home late from training. We did go somewhere where we had a gift card, so our out of pocket spending was minimal.
That's it for us. I'm hoping next week will be even more frugal! What about you? Any big frugal wins?