It was a surprisingly quiet week this week around here, although I'm not expecting that to last, as the boys ramp up with a soccer camp & back to school stuff soon (sports physicals, dentist appointments, orientation, packet pickup, etc).
Here are our wins for the week.
Saving on things we buy
- Used an iBotta $.10 receipt offer, as well as a blueberry offer ($.15) for groceries this week. That apparently triggered the July weekly bonus, so I earned another $2.15. I find iBotta pretty quick & easy, but don't chase deals & typically only buy what's already on the list. We don't use the majority of the products with offers, but I've been having luck with produce offers & generic grocery receipts here & there.
- Uploaded all of our receipts to Fetch
- I'm trying to list more on Facebook marketplace, as well as eBay. Here are my sales for the week:
- Board game (FB)
- Pottery Barn Kids decoration (brought back from the beach house)
- A coffee table book (beach house)
- Workout tank top (beach house)
- A re-usable wine bag
- A pair of shoes
- A dress shirts (a Hawaiian dress shirt that's now too big for M)
- I returned two sunblocks to Rite Aid that were part of the recall. I received a $20 Rite Aid gift card for future use.
- We were out of town over the weekend, checking out potential future retirement destinations. We most certainly splurged on eating out while we were there (we stayed in a hotel), we skipped breakfast, & avoided eating out when we got home.
Eating what we have
- Lots of eating up garden produce (mint, basil, radishes, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers)
- We had multiple caprese salads. I also had peaches with mozzarella (and salt) for dinner one night. One of my favorite light meals.
- I finished off the Italian chicken sausages M grilled a while back
- Made a smoothie out of peaches a neighbor gave us (as well as other freezer fruit, peanut butter & protein powder). It was delicious & super filling.
- Gave away veggies & herbs to friends & neighbors
- Went through my entire closet, and got rid of a bunch of items. Gave away several bags of clothing via Buy Nothing.
- Also shared some household items (including a requested fan) via Buy Nothing. I'm happy I remembered we had the fan - it was tucked away in a closet. Now it can keep someone else cool.
- Worked at my non-profit role