Wednesday, July 21, 2021

What kind of peppers are these?

 The tag indicates they are Fresno chiles, but I'm not sure. The don't look like any Fresno chiles I saw online. I don't want to get it wrong, as chiles/peppers vary so much in heat. 




M went a little crazy with the pepper planting this year. We have serrano, shishito, sweet banana, lots of green peppers, and ... five jalapeno plants. I think he's hoping I'll have lots to pickle. ;-) 

Please weigh in! What type of pepper/chile do you think these are? 

5 comments:

  1. I'm the wrong one to answer. I have a question though. Are the peppers a god plant to thrive regardles sof heat and temps, or do you need to do a lot of watering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peppers love the heat. They do need some watering, but I wouldn't describe it as a lot. They do really well in our climate.

      Delete
  2. No idea what the peppers are but they're really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe white habanero?
    https://pepperjoe.com/products/white-habanero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are actually starting to turn red, so maybe they are fresno chiles!

      Delete