We ended up going out for an impromptu dinner last night, and it was so lovely. The weather was perfect for an outdoor meal in the shade, & we had a lot of laughs & great conversation over a delicious meal. I love unexpected moments like that.
In other unexpected moments, I didn't know that M planted a hibiscus. What a surprise to see it blossoming in the yard.
We were considering going to our wine club to pick up wine & have a (free) tasting, but it's going to be so hot here today & they only have outdoor space. I think I'd rather sit by the pool & be cool(er) at home.
The vacation house is officially closed, and the money was wired to our account. Hurrah! I'm now in the process of using it to pay down (almost off, not quite) our mortgage. What an amazing feeling that will be!
Here's what's on the agenda today:
- Clean the fridge
- Go for a run, before it gets too hot
- Make reservations for next weekend
- Swap out Nick's desk for the standing desk we brought back from the beach
- Plant kale & radishes. We pulled out cucumber that didn't make it, and I want to use the space for other stuff
- Stake the banana peppers
- Make a batch of pickled jalapenos
- Strength training
- List five items on eBay (or Facebook marketplace) & five items on Buy Nothing
- Finalize end of the year holiday plans, and book something