I didn't post last week, as we were on vacation, & I'm late today, but here goes!
Saving on things we buy
- Used two $.10 iBotta offers, with various receipts, & saved $2 off of oat milk (I use in my coffee) via iBotta.
- I paused my eBay sales while I was gone, but Nick earned a bit of money working for his tennis coach.
- Talked my mom into a lunch at the house (vs going out) one of the days in Bend. We had a lovely lunch outside on the patio, & all agreed it was much more fun than going out.
- Packed snacks for the flight home
- I got upgraded to 1st class (it's a short flight, so not many perks, although more leg room!) & had a free drink
- We packed all of our stuff in carryons, and avoided any baggage charges. We stayed at a house with a washer & dryer, which was a huge help.
- Considered takeout on Saturday night, as we flew home & didn't really have much in the fridge. M went to Costco, and I made dinner out of a couple of frozen Trader Joes meals we'd put away for just such a day. I made a salad (mostly from Costco stuff, but also a few garden items) & we had dinner on the table pretty quickly, all things considered.
- Went to a free class at the work gym, and ate breakfast & lunch several times at the office
Eating what we have
- I brought a giant shoe box full of garden tomatoes on our flight last week, and we used those for multiple meals.
- Made two dozen banana muffins, out of over ripe bananas in the freezer.
- Used many fresh tomatoes in a delicious paella dish
- Used up garden jalapenos, basil & cilantro in a curry dish
- Continue to give away lots & lots of tomatoes to friends, family & neighbors
- Took my nephew, sister & her BF out to dinner to celebrate my nephew's 20th birthday. I'm rarely in town on the big day, so it was nice to have a chance to celebrate in person.
What about you? Any wins to share?