Ah, the time has come for my trip to Japan. What does my schedule look like? Thought I'd share for those who are curious.
- Up at 5:30, so I have time for coffee, before I squeeze in a quick workout
- 6-7, workout. This is mostly because I'll be sitting for the rest of the day, and it helps with jet lag
- 7-8, shower, finish last minute packing
- 8-9, Uber to the airport. SFO is not my preferred airport, but the only realistic option for international flights
- 9-11, time at the airport. Because my trip requires a specialized visa, United requires me to arrive early & show them the visa, before I can even check in for my flight
The flight is then 11 hours. Once I arrive in Tokyo:
- Clear customs (on a good, non-COVID day, this is ~1 hr process). I have no idea what to expect, with all of the new COVID requirements. I've done the "Fast Track" COVID process, but still planning for complications
- Share a cab with a coworker to the hotel
- I'll be arriving at the hotel around 4, local time
- Check in, & go to the gym. Again, the gym is the least appealing option ever, when you're jet lagged. However, it helps kill time, & reduce the chances of falling asleep in your room, and really does help reset your body clock. Keep in mind, didn't sleep on the flight
- Finish at the gym, shower, order room service
- Typically try to be asleep by 8 pm, local time.
- Usually get about ~6 hours of sleep (jet lag) the first night. Up early for a full day at the office
It promises to be a LONG day! I will take a comp day, as my flight requires giving up an entire weekend day. Hope you all have a lovely day!