It was an incredibly busy & stressful work week, but we had a few wins.
Saving on things we buy
- Used a couple of store coupons for crackers (Nick's requested snacks) & Italian ices. The boys were thrilled ;-)
- Had to mail a package to my parents, and found a discounted shipping label option, which saved me $6. Postage is $$!
- Nick earned money working for his tennis coach, and also helping someone move. The boy is a hustler, and is always on the lookout for money making opportunities.
- Sold a makeup item & a pair of pants on eBay
- Continued my quest to use up gift cards, and bought Sam lunch at Subway on a gift card, and used bonus rewards as well.
- Took advantage of: free workout classes, meals & car charging at the office
Eating what we have
- We made a spaghetti & meatball dish, using lots of pantry & freezer items. It's always a hit, although I don't prefer it on warm days. The boys love it, so it was a winner.
- M finished off the last of salmon, which is expensive, and doesn't last long. Glad none went to waste.
- We continued to use garden items (peppers, tomatoes, etc)
- A neighbor gave us a beautiful bag of Japanese eggplant, which we enjoyed
- Kept in touch with my mentee, who was relocated from Afghanistan. She was approved for her nursing class, which she is very excited about. It was quite a process, and not her initial plan (she was on track to be a doctor, but isn't able to, given the relocation). I'm thrilled for her that she's "unstuck" from the bureaucracy that she's been in for months.
- Helped a friend with a lot of driving, while her husband was traveling.
What about you? Any wins to share?