Work was once again.... intense in a really emotional way. I'm so grateful we're seeing the end of this week. I have just one day of "weekend" this week, as I fly to Tokyo & need to be out the door at 8 am on Sunday. But, it's awfully hard to spend personal money on a business trip, so there's that?
Saving on things we buy
- I helped assemble & disassemble soccer goals (at 7:30 am on a Saturday, for the assembly), as the field we play at doesn't have goals. Volunteer hours earn me $100 off of our soccer registration. I need three total hours, to get $200 across both kids. I'm 1/2 way there.
- I used a $15 grocery store reward to pick up a few things we needed, and picked up the Friday Freebie, which was a cranberry/watermelon juice. We will use the juice for smoothies, which is one of the only consistent item the kids eat on days with many activities. No one wants a full stomach before a soccer game, or tennis match.
- Treated the boys to "Too Good to Go" boba. I've been waiting to try it for weeks, and finally got an offer from the boba shop before they sold out.
- Made $16.70 through Rakuten, and my quarterly "earnings" were transferred to Paypal
- Sold a few things on eBay:
- Makeup sample
- Pair of shorts
- I'm getting a significant chunk of money back from my employer, due to a pay discrepancy. This is all I can share, and I'm frustrated with the overall system that led us to this place, but very happy to be getting some of the money.
- Avoided takeout on two different nights when I *really* wanted to throw in the towel.
Eating what we have
- Nick doesn't like takeout Chinese (?!), so I used the last scraps of our taco dinner to make him a taco quesadilla, which he loves. I love that it got rid of the last of the meat, shredded cheese, & quesadillas.
- In garden updates:
- Picked the last of the lettuce
- Made a triple batch of pickled jalapenos
- Roasted all of the squash, pureed it, and froze it
- Shredded & froze the zucchini that was lingering in the fridge
- Made cranberry muffins, using the last of a bag of cranberries from the freezer. The recipe also called for a little orange juice. I didn't have any, so used some juice from my Friday Freebie (above) instead.
- Had Chinese food leftovers for 3 lunches
- Defrosted a lunch sized chicken curry for an unexpected Wednesday at home meal (I'm usually in the office)
- Pulled a container of tomato basil chicken out of the freezer for another dinner
- Helped a friend with rides, & caught up with one of my mentees